Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peaceful Tribe at Musselman
Quote | Reply

I woke up the morning of the race feeling tired and sore, and decided to not start. I walked to the start area to help out a student new to the sport, encourage my nephew, and root for my best friend. Wearing my Peaceful Tribe long sleeve produced some unexpected contacts and pleasant conversations. I beg the forgiveness of those I may have forgotten.

Frogonawire was the first. We talked before the race, I say him as he completed a strong bike leg, and he and his girlfriend spent some time exchanging pleasantries after the race. I talked with Don briefly before the race but didn't see him after that. I saw someone who was among the leaders in the HIM wearing his Tribe singlet, but he was concentrating hard on his run so I just applauded. Two runners said hello to me as they worked their way through the first mile of the run. I didn't get the name of one, but Swordfish was the other.

I went home, so I didn't see the end of the race, but I certainly appreciated the contacts I made as I watched. Nice to see all of you, and I hope to run into you again. By the way, as I watched, I had no regret that I didn't start the sprint race which leads me to conclude that I made the right choice.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe at Musselman [Btag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! Great to meet you. I'll post the picture tonight, we got home late last night and I had to get to work this morning. I didn't see any others there, I would have liked to get more pictures.

Later that afternoon, around 2:30, we saw a woman still on the run course, about 4 miles fropm the finish. That's 7 1/2 hours after the start! And she looked liked she was running at a steady pace, not struggling, so I don't know what held her back. Me, my running still sucks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe at Musselman [frogonawire 6.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! a peaceful tribe photo!! Can't wait to see it!

cheers,

H

Heather Travis
Cervelo Cycles Inc.
http://www.cervelo.com/apparel
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe at Musselman [Heather] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, if he wasn't wearing his shirt, I would have never known who he was, or introduced myself.

The night before the race, I caught a segment on ESPN on Challenged Athletes. They profiled a guy from Ghana who was born with a deformed leg. Wow.

Thanks again to Heather, Gerard, Stephen, and everyone else who put this together.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly! Like a name tag only way better:) AND you are doing something great for others with the purchase:)

Cheers,

H

Heather Travis
Cervelo Cycles Inc.
http://www.cervelo.com/apparel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was there in my Peaceful Tribe singlet. I finished in 5:35 (119) missing my 5:30 goal. The sun coming out and running with the wind at my back got the better of me. I was proud to wear my singlet (although I didn't see anyone else but got the occasional 'go slowtwitch' as others were passing me on the run) as it benefits something close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...this is what it's all about....I recently spend a fantastic day with a Slowtwitcher and hif family in a rented villa over in Spain and we had a great time.....The Tribe unites!

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe at Musselman [cmsc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That had to be you I saw on the run course. You were really focused when I saw you and your form looked very smooth and strong. Nice race! It's a good thing I'm not a person who easily fills with envy!

Lou Battaglia

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likewise. I hope you enjoyed the wine tour. It is a region of the country that can be a lot of fun. Check out the Finger Lakes Triathlon in September. It's a great race.

6.2? Is this the upgraded frogonawire?

Lou Battaglia

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, in response to the "new" 70.3 races. The longest race I've completed is Olympic distance, althought Longspur told me I should change it to 31.8

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey cmsc, i finished in 5:39 so chances are we were pretty close throughout the run. i was wearing blk shorts and a sleeveless white tri top that said "inside triathlon" magazine or something like that. oh yeah, and a backwards white timex hat. sound familiar?
Quote Reply
Re: Peaceful Tribe at Musselman [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really don't remember. If we were near each other on the second half of the run you would have had to fall in front of me since I was pretty much just looking at pavement. Once that sun came out my race was survival. Got hit just before the hill on the gravel road.
Congrats on your race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh, and I got flipped off twice last weekend by old men in cars. and I've been telling everyone it's a nice area! thought it was funny that these old geezers had to honk to make sure I saw them giving the one finger salute.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
oh, and I got flipped off twice last weekend by old men in cars. and I've been telling everyone it's a nice area! thought it was funny that these old geezers had to honk to make sure I saw them giving the one finger salute.
Maybe they were indicating "you're number one" and got confused as to which finger to use.

Lou Battaglia

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btag,

Were you wearing the black long-sleeve Peaceful tribe shirt, walking along the lake? I know I said hello to someone, saying something like "Hello fellow ST'er". I was feeling great at that point in the run... But, then the sun came out and over-heated to a slow shuffle home. My first 1/2 IM though and loved every minute of it, and now can't wait for Timber!

I was racked almost directly across from a ST'er who I saw as one of the top finishers coming in the opposite way on the run. Looking damn strong! I know his buddy (also wearing ST) was running a black QR Kilo which is exactly what I wanted last year, but had to settle for red.

Anyway, I really didn't meet anyone other than a quick hello. But nice to see some representation!

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply