Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paypal Question
Quote | Reply
This whole thing with Maurice has got me thinking about Paypal and my business. Do any of you have experience in using Paypal for your business? I was thinking of setting up a VISA system for payment but seems a lot of people have Paypal access. My business is primarily consulting and it might give me a marketing edge in allowing clients the ease of Paypal insteading of writing a check. Do they take a % like VISA. How do you withdraw the funds?

Re: Paypal Question [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend who represents several processors. If you're looking at this just to have the option, it would probably be a good idea. If you're thinking that you would run a large volume of revenue through, I think you'd be better off setting up through a processor, I believe Paypal is more expensive, although easy to set up and use. You could contact your bank to get in touch with a processor. Most are either affiliated with independent processors or do it themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it.

They take a percentage, depends on amounts, volume, etc. I believe. Something like 3 - 4%. You get an e-mail when you have funds. You verify a bank account and withdraw the funds from PayPal straight to your bank account. If you do the standard withdrawal it is free and takes 2 or 3 days.

Setting it up was very quick and easy and to verify your bank account you enter the account, PP makes a couple very small deposits, then you verify the amount of those deposits.

Very simple and very convenient, especially if you have out of state or international clients.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Paypal Question [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3-4%

that's my point, if it's low volume, no big deal. high volume, you're much better off with a processor.

Quote Reply
Re: Paypal Question [frogonawire 6.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be inclined to charge a little extra for the paypal fee. However, just having the money in hand without worrying about bounced checks might be worth it.

Quote | Reply
It's also worth noting the paypal money market account rate, where your funds are kept, is higher than just about all brick and mortar and many of the internet based banks. 3.25 the last time I looked.

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply
Re: Paypal Question [martyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With a VISA system, I need some kind of card reading system or a fancy website correct? Paypal just seems so much easier.

Quote | Reply
you don't have to have anything to use a processor, although you get a lower rate if you do (less chance for fraud).

Quote Reply