Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Park City Cycling Scene
Quote | Reply
I'm headed to Park City later this summer for a week of vacation with the fam. I'll be bringing my road bike along and plan on riding pretty much every day. Does anyone have any good ride recommendations for the area? We're staying in downtown Park City and I'll probably do mainly 20-40 mile rides with probably a century thrown in as well. I'd love to hit any must do climbs in the area and would be open to a day of mountain biking too! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Park City Cycling Scene [gd28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have friends that live there and there is good road riding but better mtn. biking. Download the trailforks app and use that for mountain biking, it works with your phone gps only, you dont have to be using data, it is a great app. You just need to download utah and you are good to go. You can look at strava heatmaps to create road routes too.
Quote Reply
Re: Park City Cycling Scene [gd28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends what kind of riding you are looking for? Want something right out your door? Want long steady climbs?

One of my favorites is you can go up to empire pass then eventually guardsman pass and either descend the same way, or go down Big Cottonwood Canyon and loop back over to emigration canyon and down to I-80 and ride up I-80 to parleys summit and back to PC. Or you can do that in reverse. Going down empire pass is the fastest I have hit on the TT at 65 FYI.

Another ride is to go out to Kamas and then go onto Mirror Lake Highway. Go as far as you want to and turn around. You could ride it into Wyoming but it is more of a pita to get back.

If you need any other suggestions let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: Park City Cycling Scene [Snowvols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey headed to Park City next weekend and looking to ride early sunday am. Above you reference the Kamas Loop. Any risk (beyond normal) in attempting this solo? Should i allocate 4hrs? Are there stops for water and snacks?

https://www.mapmyride.com/us/heber-ut/park-city-kamas-loop-route-10885782

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Park City Cycling Scene [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you could do it in 3 hours. There are multiple gas stations so you should be fine stopping and getting water at least once. You'll be fine solo. I've ridden it multiple times solo without issue. Enjoy! Just prepare for it to be HOT.
Quote Reply
Re: Park City Cycling Scene [Snowvols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! can't wait to try it!

i live in austin and did IM boulder last month.. so i will be ready for heat and have "dealt" with heat at elevation this summer already..lol
Quote Reply