Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Palomar Ride this Saturday (5/14)
Quote | Reply
Just thought I'd let people know in case they wanted to ride with a couple of us young'uns. I'm not sure how many of us there'll be, but I'll probably be leading the charge up Palomar. My estimates have our group rolling from Escondido around 10-10:30 and probably hitting the base of Palomar a bit after 11.

"Now that the collegiate road racing season is over, we have time for more team rides! This Saturday will be a team Palomar Mtn ride. This will be a 60 - 70 mile ride (depending upon route, options chosen) departing from Kit Carson Park in Escondido, climbing over Lake Wohlford Grade, and up the south grade of Palomar mountain. This is an epic ride - Palomar is approximately 12 miles up, with 5 miles of moderate climbing, a brief respite, and just under 7 miles of more challenging climbing to top, with an additional options along the ridgetop.

We will be meeting in the parking lot adjacent to the UCSD Bike shop at 9:00am, and departing for Escondido at 9:15am sharp - you can ride out there if you desire, it will be approximately 120 miles round trip. This should be late enough for all of you to have rested off your Sungod revelries. RSVP to me if you're coming and if you need a ride.

Final note: This will be a "no drop" ride to the base of the mountain. Everyone should feel free to go as apeshit up the mountain as the desire. We will regroup and ride back to Escondido together.

Jared Janowiak
3rd Year PhD Student
Department of Economics, UCSD
UCSD Cycling Team President"

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply
Re: Palomar Ride this Saturday (5/14) [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love to join you guys. I've never ridden Palomar and it's on my to do list before moving. But it's probably not a good idea the day before Xterra. Have fun, the weather should be awesome this weekend.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Re: Palomar Ride this Saturday (5/14) [UCSD racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump

Increasing awareness for suffers of DGS (Diminished Gluteal Syndrome).
Quote Reply