Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pain on outside of left ankle.
Quote | Reply
This week God has given me the gift of pain on the outside of my left ankle. It seemed to start last week after 6hrs on the trainer on Sunday. Did not bother me on two 8mile runs (Wed/Fri). Acted up again after 5hrs on trainer yesterday. No real discomfort during the day today. Hurts tonight during and after a one-legged spin and super-spin session on the trainer tonight (45min).Ideas anyone? Some kind of a tendon thing? I added too much time on the bike too fast? I iced it tonight (for the first time) but it is still tender.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain on outside of left ankle. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do your shoes bump up against the painful area? If so, an insert in your shoes might help.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain on outside of left ankle. [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If so, I am not conscious of it. There is no raw spot, and it has developed with and without socks.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain on outside of left ankle. [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Press on the tendons in the space just behind the ankle bone. Is there a lot of pain when you do that? There is a nerve that runs under a ligiment and when there is some inflamation there, it aggravates the nerve. Ice and NSAID's helped cure it for me. After that I used shoes with much higher arch supports to stop it from comming back.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Pain on outside of left ankle. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Press on the tendons in the space just behind the ankle bone.
I have not ridden today, and it seems dormant for the moment. I am running 16M tonight. We will see what happens. I did "up" the bike a lot over the past two weeks. I assume that that could inflame the tendon. Thank you.
Quote Reply