Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pain in feet while riding
Quote | Reply
I get a pain in my feet when riding my tri bike. I do not get this pain when doing a spin class or when I am riding my commuter bike. I therefore feel it is a feet thing, specifically the cleats.

The pain is on the outside edge of my right foot. It starts after about fifteen minutes and persists, until my foot goes numb.

It appears to be a fit issue as it is not the pedalling motion in itself causing the pain. How do I fix it? Move Cleats? Which Way? Seat height?

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: Pain in feet while riding [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of cleats are you using? I use Look cleats and I had this problem on a long ride after purchasing a new pair of shoes. The cleat was mounted too far on the outer side of the shoe. I really noticed it because I was out of the saddle a lot hammering up hills and was putting a lot of pressure on the foot. Moreso than you would if you were sitting. My problem was fixed with a simple repositioning of the cleat.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain in feet while riding [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have look cleats. Which way did you move the cleat? Towards the inside or towards the outside?

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: Pain in feet while riding [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My foot was sore on the outside of the foot directly adjacent to the cleat. I moved the cleat toward the inside of the shoe, toward the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Pain in feet while riding [Burt'sH2OBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got a similar problem on right upper foot, just below the ankle. when i ride my right foot is kinda pointing inward a bit, reposition the cleat ya reckon?

i got look pedals too.
Quote Reply