Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PT downloading headaches. Any help?
Quote | Reply
I have my PowerTap Pro+ up and running but am having a hell of a time downloading the data from the little yellow Cervo head unit to my laptop computers. I've tried transferring it to my Mac (PowerPC running 10.5.8) and haven't had any luck (I've tried both Golden Cheetah and PowerAgent). I've also tried transferring the data to my PC and it worked once with Golden Cheetah, but since then nothing (I've also tried PowerAgent). On both Mac and PC it doesn't "see" my device, or I get some sort of error prompt. I've also tried installing the FTDI driver on both computers (as per the Golden Cheetah website), but that didn't help either.

Anyone else had these issues? If so, is there any workaround?
Quote Reply
Re: PT downloading headaches. Any help? [416.tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar experience with Power Agent on Windows. I haven't tried Golden Cheeta. I spoke to Cyclops/Saris customer service and was told to return my download cradle. They replaced it with another one and I was good after that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things I've tried that have worked for my Little Yellow Computer
1) Take it out of the cradle and firmly reseat it (it's really hard to get the contacts in right sometimes)
2) Make sure the stupid thing doesn't power-off after you've cradled it. If it turns off, hit a button to turn it back on
3) Restart your PC/Mac
4) Clear the device (battery out->battery in->clear device in poweragent)

Those are in order of their likelihood of fixing problems. Your mileage may vary.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Last edited by: AHare: Oct 22, 11 15:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although you may have several USB ports, sometimes the device will not work on all of them as well, or one particular port at all. Try the others.
Quote Reply
Re: PT downloading headaches. Any help? [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check you're pointing to the correct USB port.
For some reason the same USB on my laptop has changed from Com1 to Com5.
Make sure in the download port dropdown, that you are using the COMn(usb serial port).
Quote Reply