Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see?
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

I just wanted to reach out. We are midway through the week for the PTO Championship in Daytona. The PTO and the media team are pumping loads of content out. Its getting hardly any views which is surprising to me because this stuff is light years better than anything I have ever produced and they're only getting a couple hundred views?

I am apart of the media team and helping them shoot content on the lead up to the race. The reason I got on here is because I wanted to ask what are you guys wanting to see leading into the race? What kind of content are you looking for?

If you have not subscribed to the youtube yet please do:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCITB6kXrkXZBD9e_sHCVE1Q

Other content and photos on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/professionaltriathletesorg/
Last edited by: talbotcox: Dec 2, 20 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Starky Press Release shared on their socials and in the news section.

Why do you think they're getting barely any views? They're getting more views per video on than they mathematically should based on subscription interaction rate. The youtube channel has barely 6k subscribers, the math on that shows they're getting tons of views. They're between 80-150% total views weighted against subscriptions. That means they're killing it. If they think it's not, their math is off. Been around youtube analytics a long time and they significantly overperforming.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Dec 2, 20 15:48
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see a trash talking pre-race press conference... Sam Long and Lionel getting in each other's faces? And then Kienle comes out of nowhere with a folding chair.

Now *that* I would pay to see.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same... I launched my kona seires with 900 subs and finished with like 700,000 views in 2 weeks.

Getting more views because all these pro athletes are posting these videos and only a couple K views.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright! :) we can set that up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a serious note, the "Unbreakable" series is fantastic. I've watched each one so far, and my only gripe: it should be longer! The background of each athlete/their story is far more appealing to me than race week interviews, etc. It provides way more context come race time. Are there others that are planning on being released?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
On a serious note, the "Unbreakable" series is fantastic. I've watched each one so far, and my only gripe: it should be longer! The background of each athlete/their story is far more appealing to me than race week interviews, etc. It provides way more context come race time. Are there others that are planning on being released?

I agree with this

I also feel like i'm sitting wondering is this going to be a "crossfit games" vibe where you're getting athletes training exclusively for this race every year or is PTO going to continue to grow and offer more traditional (not speedway based) races. I hope this is a good start to a really great thing as with any endurance sport it's very hard to get people who aren't involved in it in someway to invest hours on end watching people compete in a solo effort type of event.

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Cloy said. The "Unbreakable" stuff has been great. Race week interviews are never that interesting. There's a low ceiling for how many views those can get.

Shit-talking is the shit. Get Sam Long and Morgan Pearson in a room to talk shit to one another. It'll be gold. You're welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where's the drama? The suspense? The smack talk? The rivalry?

I watched a few of the Unbreakable videos and the conversation was interesting and laid back, but kinda subdued. But I thought they lacked the energy that an athlete should have going in to a championship level race. I'll probably watch some more of the videos but they do more for my interest in the athlete than that of the PTO or the race.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
didn't know about the youtube channel. Will check some of the videos, thanks.

What I'd like to know (is there any precise info about this anywhere on their website?? I've only received social media posts by Facebook about paying forward and joining their live broadcast) is how and where I would be able to watch the race not LIVE (as I live in Australia and it'll be during the night) but on-demand the following Monday evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s the plan for the race broadcast? Please tell me it’s not being done with a phone on the sidelines.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you find out how the earlier start date of the 100/100 challenge affected their Daytona prep plans?

The content has been great...just want more!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested in watching the race!

I'm subscribed and donated but no links or information?
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Why do you think they're getting barely any views? They're getting more views per video on than they mathematically should based on subscription interaction rate. The youtube channel has barely 6k subscribers, the math on that shows they're getting tons of views. They're between 80-150% total views weighted against subscriptions. That means they're killing it. If they think it's not, their math is off. Been around youtube analytics a long time and they significantly overperforming.

Agree. From a YouTube standpoint, they're way 'overperforming' relative to subs, and more importantly - consistently on every video. That's a really good 'problem' to have. Converting people to subscribers should be their next focus area, which in turn completes the cycle of then getting more people to watch videos, and round and around.

Ultimately, the challenge PTO has is that in the greater scheme of triathlon and sport and large, nobody knows who PTO is. Everybody in the sport world knows what Ironman is, most triathletes know what ITU is, and so on. PTO is to most people (including most non-ST triathletes) just a meaningless acronym - especially in a year where many casual triathletes basically steps away from the sport. Sure, to the core audience here it has a distinct meaning, but even that I'd argue is horrible branding for a race series. Just like you wouldn't see a race series called the AIGCP Championships (Association International des Groupes Cyclistes Professionels). And taking that example, Velon (which is the organization of the teams but largely athlete driven and somewhat adjacent to AIGCP), did a series just like that, and it was called the Hammer Series. See...branding.

And I know that the 'purpose' of PTO ultimately gets into plenty of nuance of PTO that's well beyond that post. But at the end of the day, operating a pro level race is all about marketing and a brand. And right now, this race series lacks a true and eye-catching name/brand that pulls people in. Just my two cents...

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
newManUK wrote:

This ^

I’m thinking you gotta pay to play .........
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
newManUK wrote:

This ^

I follow the PTO on all my social channels but I’ve been growing increasingly aggravated with their lack of clear message on how to actually watch the race. A straight forward how to answer would be nice.

To the point where I’ve donated $30 to watch the race, got a “access unlocked!” Email and still only have a vague guess how to actually watch the content.

Why so cryptic? Are they still figuring out how to broadcast?
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s being done by nascar with 20+ cameras :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. Where will we be able to stream? And any chance to watch a full replay ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
It’s being done by nascar with 20+ cameras :)

so why dont they promote this better ?
many pepole are likley not interested to follow ironman type coverage but with 20 cameras there should be way more people interested

btw i assume the ARD live stream in germany will use the mascar streaming?
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Nice. Where will we be able to stream? And any chance to watch a full replay ?

After I signed up they said I had access to content until Dec. 31, so I’m guessing they have an on demand feature...but not 100% confident.

With kid stuff all day Sunday I’m hedging my bets that there will be on demand that I can watch after they go down to sleep.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As several have said.

First, what is PTO? I just subscribed to the channel because it’s the first time I’ve seen it, and I watch a lot of YouTube channel that are tri, swim, bike or run and don’t recall a single recommendation from YouTube for one of the PTO videos. I’m new to tri, so I don’t know what PTO is, and like everyone in the world I know iM.

Second, how do I watch it? Do I have to pay? Is it going to be on YouTube? It’s all a mystery to me.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kickr wrote:
Y-Tri wrote:
newManUK wrote:

This ^

I follow the PTO on all my social channels but I’ve been growing increasingly aggravated with their lack of clear message on how to actually watch the race. A straight forward how to answer would be nice.

To the point where I’ve donated $30 to watch the race, got a “access unlocked!” Email and still only have a vague guess how to actually watch the content.

Why so cryptic? Are they still figuring out how to broadcast?

Same here, I also did the "pay per view" donation thingy and barely got any info as to how to watch the actual race. No beef with the donation, I think it is a worthy cause, but was expecting a better response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some clips of the pros dishing out some light hearted heckling the AG race

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: PTO Championship Media || What do you want to see? [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:

Same here, I also did the "pay per view" donation thingy and barely got any info as to how to watch the actual race. No beef with the donation, I think it is a worthy cause, but was expecting a better response.

Me too. Donated and still have no idea how to watch it. Answering the OP, I'd like a link to the live broadcast or at least instructions on how to connect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With regards to Instagram, shorter clips of athletes doing things outside of still photos of riding the speedway. Are these guys and gals running and swimming? From the content posted, I haven't seen any highlights of this. I think the 'inside the ropes'/'behind the scenes' of these guys/gals all over the speedway/water would be more interesting. BWB does good with the fluff and gets some personality from everyone, but nothing earth shattering.

*not sure what the COVID protocols are and if people aren't milling around, training, it could be more difficult.

I might've missed this, but have they said who's announcing/commentating the race?

Like others, transparency on how to view/watch. Even if there isn't a final landing page, link yet (which has to be hard to believe) some sort of update would be helpful. It's like going to a race website and scouring all over the place for the results page/tab. One of the most viewed places on a website, should be very easy to navigate to.
Last edited by: mitchrapp: Dec 3, 20 6:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next