Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PTO - Two new interesting faces on BOD
Quote | Reply
https://www.endurancesportswire.com/...-board-of-directors/

Challenge CEO and an investment bank principal.

This Ironman buy might have legs? Will we see Challenge races come back to Ironman? Or vice versa, lol.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO - Two new interesting faces on BOD [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually think this has the opposite effect.

My thought had been that PTO was looking to buy some of the voting shares in a private transaction from Wanda, so that way they’d have actual power behind the scenes. I don’t think there’s a chance that happens with Zibi on the board.

I also don’t think a purchasing agreement that then results in partnerships between WTC and Challenge would survive antitrust review, particularly in Europe.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They should just buy Challenge then, much smaller organization. They finally have a website up though.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: PTO - Two new interesting faces on BOD [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
I also don’t think a purchasing agreement that then results in partnerships between WTC and Challenge would survive antitrust review, particularly in Europe.

Do you have any idea how many races and race orgs there are in Europe? A whole shitload. I don't see a problem here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
rrheisler wrote:

Do you have any idea how many races and race orgs there are in Europe? A whole shitload. I don't see a problem here.

EU antitrust law is such that it doesn't require the same degree of marketplace dominance as does US antitrust. EU is also typically more nuanced in its marketplace definitions; it's likely the argument would hinge on long-course triathlon solely.

It's within the consideration set. Knowing PTO and their history of not talking to lawyers, my guess is that the only person who is considering that is Rachel Joyce.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: PTO - Two new interesting faces on BOD [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and PTO with no capitals letter attempt at a burn response on twitter. They're growing up.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: PTO - Two new interesting faces on BOD [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"Together with Northpoint Advisors . . ." and there it is. Northpoint would be the one purchasing the company and then sub-contracting it out to PTO? PTO and Northpoint haven't gotten the Collins Cup up and running in three years, what makes anyone think they could actually purchase Ironman?

Also, the fact that PTO published a portion of the WTC response is rather unprofessional. But whatever.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply