Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st
Quote | Reply
Hi all--

We here at Slowtwitch have made the difficult decision to sunset our integration with the Training Log as of July 1st, 2023.

First, we'd like to thank Eric Jensen for his contribution to the log and supporting it over the years. It's allowed us to power unique, engaging challenges.

This does not mean that the Training Log is going away -- Eric appears to be continuing on with the log at this point. That said, in order to be able to continue using the Training Log, you're going to need to convert your account from one using SSO (from your forum credentials) to some other username and password combination. You can do that directly from the Training Log.

Thank you.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Ryan!

Like he said, if you wish to continue accessing the Training Log, you'll need to set up your email address and a password there so that you can log in after the SSO quits working. I've got a page to do this, and it will prompt you if you haven't done it yet.

There are some 8,900 of you with workouts logged in there. We'll need to figure out what to do with that data for those that don't convert.

Best,
-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Thank you, Ryan!

Like he said, if you wish to continue accessing the Training Log, you'll need to set up your email address and a password there so that you can log in after the SSO quits working. I've got a page to do this, and it will prompt you if you haven't done it yet.

There are some 8,900 of you with workouts logged in there. We'll need to figure out what to do with that data for those that don't convert.

Best,
-Eric

Eric - If we have already converted, will we be automatically sent to the new program on 1 July??? Thanks, Eric.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Hi all--

We here at Slowtwitch have made the difficult decision to sunset our integration with the Training Log as of July 1st, 2023.

First, we'd like to thank Eric Jensen for his contribution to the log and supporting it over the years. It's allowed us to power unique, engaging challenges.

This does not mean that the Training Log is going away -- Eric appears to be continuing on with the log at this point. That said, in order to be able to continue using the Training Log, you're going to need to convert your account from one using SSO (from your forum credentials) to some other username and password combination. You can do that directly from the Training Log.

Thank you.

You might want to make this a sticky post so it does not slide down the page.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the part we haven't worked out is how we'll do the DNS. I've got my own domain which I'm setting up to do the training log. I still have to re-brand, but the long and short is this:

* The Training Log will continue to exist
* You'll use your username and new password to log in.
* The email is for password resets.
* If we have enough interest and participation I'll continue to run challenges
* As an active user community we can discuss and I can add features
* Slowtwitch will redirect to the new Training Log

And I agree about the sticky post.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
So the part we haven't worked out is how we'll do the DNS. I've got my own domain which I'm setting up to do the training log. I still have to re-brand, but the long and short is this:

-Eric

OK, thanks for the details!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:

-Eric

Is there any interest in open sourcing it or at least allowing community contributions in some way?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [habbywall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think I'll open source it, no. As far as community contributions, it would depend on what the contribution was and how it fit into the overall idea of what I'm trying to achieve. You're welcome to PM me with additional details!

Cheers,
-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have agreed to make sure very little disruption happens so that Eric Jensen can get a handle on his training log. It's been a great source of community at times in the past. We all think he has a great product and has the chance to be successful moving forward. We will keep the link up and redirect people to his own branded site and from there we will make sure people can login and set up other accounts. We will probably make sure this process can take place for the next 30 days or so.

Happy logging everyone.

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm relieved to hear it will continue in some form. I love the ST training log and Eric has done awesome on making some features I asked for.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

The Big Kahuna challenge has been going on for years - it would be awesome to keep that. I haven't done 100/100 in awhile but I would imagine STers might like to keep that one around.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
I don't think I'll open source it, no. As far as community contributions, it would depend on what the contribution was and how it fit into the overall idea of what I'm trying to achieve. You're welcome to PM me with additional details!

Cheers,
-Eric

So, what is the "overall idea"???

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that remains to be seen. A training aggregator that isn't necessarily chained to Strava. A platform that supports its community and users. How many people want to continue to use it will largely drive most of that!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Well, that remains to be seen. A training aggregator that isn't necessarily chained to Strava. A platform that supports its community and users. How many people want to continue to use it will largely drive most of that!

-Eric

OK, sounds good, thanks!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping to remind folks to get switched over quickly. After tomorrow it will be a bit more complicated to tie slowtwitch accounts to Training Log accounts.

Cheers,
-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Bumping to remind folks to get switched over quickly. After tomorrow it will be a bit more complicated to tie slowtwitch accounts to Training Log accounts.

Cheers,
-Eric

Eric - I switched over on the first day you posted the notice, so I should be good to go.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Cheers,
-Eric

So, JOOC, is the training log going to look different in the future??? So far it appears to be the same as it has been for the last 10 yrs or so. "Inquiring minds want to know". :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I appreciate Eric’s work with regard to this but I’m not interested in adding another login. I was not happy about going through several steps just to upload workouts when Garmin automatically syncs Training Peaks, Strava, etc… I did so to participate in challenges but it’s a nuisance. Heck, even Beginner Triathlete had an auto upload when I participated on that forum. Frankly, I think it’s a mistake to not incorporate the platform within Slowtwitch…the challenges bring Slowtwitchers to the website on a frequent basis.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great points, Joel, thank you.

FYI, you still have time to convert to a training log account the easy way. ST hasn't updated the link yet.

Cheers,
-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, team, the slowtwitch link is updated, the new URL is in place, and about 100 of you have converted your accounts over. The next priorities for me are getting a forgot password and change password function in place, and then we'll see where it goes.

I've updated the Strava API connection to point to the new URL and so new and refreshed Strava connections should now work. Old connections appear to function as well.

Thanks,

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your work on this. Is there a way to have a “remember me” option so I don’t have type name and password each time? Nbd if that isn’t possible- just grateful to have the log.

Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah! So I made it automatic for a year now. I'll reconsider the login form after I get registration working again.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you're awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eric,

Thanks so much for continuing with the log, I have been using it since it's inception.
Just logged into your site and updated my hyperlinks.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Training Log - Sunsetting Slowtwitch SSO on July 1st [RobAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no cname redirect training.slowtwitch.com to training.eric-jensen.org ?
Quote Reply

Prev Next