Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PRE-RACE REPORT. DUATHLON WITHOUT HAVING RIDDEN OUTSIDE SINCE NOVEMBER
Quote | Reply
For thos who care, I'm doing a f1 style duathlon this weekend (2/10/1/10/2) without having ridden outside since IM Florida in November.

All of my rides have been on the computrainer so I'm really curious to see how much like road riding it really is.

Any predictions?
Quote Reply
Re: PRE-RACE REPORT. DUATHLON WITHOUT HAVING RIDDEN OUTSIDE SINCE NOVEMBER [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No predictions but it will be interesting to hear your report.

Speaking of duathlon, I ran as part of a duathlon team on the weekend. Because my running sucks so bad I avoid duathlons like the plaque. In fact, this was my first one, having only ever done tris before. Another guy did the two runs and I did the bike. Because he is such a strong runner we ended up winning the team event. No bad for a pair of old farts over the age of fifty.

Finally I get a podium!!
Quote Reply
Re: PRE-RACE REPORT. DUATHLON WITHOUT HAVING RIDDEN OUTSIDE SINCE NOVEMBER [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode the turbo a lot this year through winter. I can tell you when you get outside the power requirements vary much more and much quicker compared to riding the trainer. The trainer effort is very constant, even if you have one that simulates hills, but when you get outside the power required varies quickly with minor changes road grade and wind. I think you'll find to hold the same power, e.g. 250W, is harder outside since all the variations mean you're riding at 280-300W a lot of the time and down at 210W at other times. Your base fitness will be great, but the changes in power will hurt your performance a little at first.
Quote Reply