Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P5 or V-PR?
Quote | Reply
In the market for a new bike and hoping to get a great one!

I’ve gotten a bike fit and know my pad x / y and can fit well on lots of bikes (P5, V-PR, E-119+, Speedmax, etc)

The P5 seems like the field standard bearer. But I like the idea of being able to get custom colors for the V-PR. Have heard of people putting on decals to customize their P5 but don’t know if that’s a real thing.

Welcome any experience / opinions on either! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [Paul822] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule 1 of Slowtwitch, ask a simple either or question and get answer c....

Project One Speed Concept - fully customised paintjob....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5 and get Velocolor to do an awesome paint job....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! What makes you say Speedconcept over custom painted V-PR? (Asking with pure curiosity - I’m open to ideas!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mainly as I am ordering my SC this week. And of course have been playing with the Project one colour choice app.

Don't get me wrong, the P5 and V-PR are fine bikes. For me then the fit, storage, handling, weight and aesthetics of the SC fit my needs and wants a bit better than the others, but that's specific to me. Everyone has slightly different values and needs which thankfully makes it easier to find bikes in transition - would be a nightmare if we all had the same bike....
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
Rule 1 of Slowtwitch, ask a simple either or question and get answer c....

Project One Speed Concept - fully customised paintjob....

You forgot "give answer C and ask what crank length they use." Haha

I'd go P5. Proven speed is worth more than a custom paint job, imo.
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Nov 5, 23 0:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get a P5 and custom paint it yourself like I did :)

Quote | Reply
Worth noting if you are looking for custom paint that the Orbea Ordu has a custom paint option at no cost.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
Get a P5 and custom paint it yourself like I did :)
This is the way.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm getting fitted tomorrow and the guy I'm going to (Shama in Houston) apparently likes to push the Argon18.

Right now I kind of thinking the X-PR based on price, but curious y'alls thoughts on the performance differences between the X-
PR and the E119.

He doesn't do Trek, but the SLR-6 would be comparable to the E119 price-wise.

Argon18 and Trek would be stretching my budget vs the X-PR, but who knows, maybe something with black Friday will come up.
Last edited by: AgMatt: Nov 10, 23 6:47
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [AgMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phillip does a lot of the Argon and QR tri bikes. I've gotten a few bikes from him and have been fit as well. They're both great choices, I would decide based on the storage capabilities for both nutrition and flat kit. If you're building from the frame up (like I did) he'll also recommend Rotor components. I went with Rotor + Kogel BB and OSPW and have been very happy. Personally I'd probably choose the Argon E119 because it looks cooler and has built-in frame storage, with plenty of room for BTA, BTS, and frame-mounted aero bottles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul822 wrote:
In the market for a new bike and hoping to get a great one!

I’ve gotten a bike fit and know my pad x / y and can fit well on lots of bikes (P5, V-PR, E-119+, Speedmax, etc)

The P5 seems like the field standard bearer. But I like the idea of being able to get custom colors for the V-PR. Have heard of people putting on decals to customize their P5 but don’t know if that’s a real thing.

Welcome any experience / opinions on either! Thanks!

Do you have access to a P5 to buy?

I finally decided to buy one

Unfortunately I’m having a difficult time finding one to buy
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Phillip does a lot of the Argon and QR tri bikes. I've gotten a few bikes from him and have been fit as well. They're both great choices, I would decide based on the storage capabilities for both nutrition and flat kit. If you're building from the frame up (like I did) he'll also recommend Rotor components. I went with Rotor + Kogel BB and OSPW and have been very happy. Personally I'd probably choose the Argon E119 because it looks cooler and has built-in frame storage, with plenty of room for BTA, BTS, and frame-mounted aero bottles.

I agree on the Argon. It may just come down to price. Maybe building the bike will be cheaper in the end?

I'll have to look at Rotor. I've been out of the bike game for years and only have any real familiarity with Shimano and SRAM. I'm assuming Rotor is a competitor against them?

(I have been googling and looking at the Rotor website trying to figure out how they interact with the two.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [AgMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize it is not the most important consideration, but any idea of how the bike weight compares between the E119, QR and the Trek? I know the new Trek is supposed to be quite light (P5 as well)...
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do - I’m in NY and there are a few size 54’s available
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trek sc 9 is listed as 8.6kg with 50mm wheels, the argon 9.11 with enve 65s.

(I ordered my speed concept yesterday to replace my e114. Had been eyeing up the 119 for years but in the end it was the trek that cracked my wallet open)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul822 wrote:
I do - I’m in NY and there are a few size 54’s available

I’m in NY as well

Ah yes I see a good number of 54’s

Know by any chance if they have any 56’s?
Quote Reply
Re: P5 or V-PR? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pm sent
Quote Reply