Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 questions
Quote | Reply
Are you supposed to adjust the frame-to-rear wheel clearance for training vs. racing?

My bike shipped with a brass sleeve in the frame insert for the seat post. Is this to provide a tighter fit for the seat post?

I am pretty long waisted with long arms but even with my seat all the way forward I still have my elbows an inch or two forward of my shoulders. Does this make sense? The aero bars can't be adjust backward that I can see.

I didn't get an owner's manual for the bike frame, just the components.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 questions [graigcone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Q1: not that i know

Q2: brass sleeve must always stay in (whether you have a carbon or aluminum post)

Q3: sounds like you may need a shorter stem, to shorten the effective top tube length. may want to get sized up before making additional investments

Q4: neither did i
Quote Reply
Re: P3 questions [redlab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In response to your answer to Q2. I bought a new P3 frame in April which came with a carbon seatpost and no shim. I asked Cervelo if I needed the shim with the new carbon seatpost and they said no the shim is only for the old Al seatpost.

Cheers!

Trevor
Quote Reply
Re: P3 questions [redlab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bro, you didn't get sized for the bike?

I didn't get an Owner's Manual for any of it with my P2K. May Gerard can tell us where to write? Oui, Gerard?

But I saw a picture of someone riding a bike once, and once I figured out the front from the back, it went OK.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 questions [DFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't get sized for the bike (other that height and inseam) because I had it shipped to me. I figured these bikes are so adjustable that I wouldn't have a problem. Again, I have a fairly long torso and fairly short legs so I can't believe I would need a shorter stem. It's not a big deal but I would think it would be more comfortable with my elbows directly under my shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 questions [graigcone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1: you may need to adjust based on the tires you have on your training vs race wheels

3: did you flip the seatpost head to the forward position?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 questions [Kiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the seatpost is in the forward postion.
Quote Reply