Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 owners...need a bottom bracket..what size do I order?
Quote | Reply
I have an Ergomo power meter bottom bracket installed now, but due to a recall i need to yank it for a few weeks until a new one is sent. Therefore I need something in the meantime. But I have no clue as to size:

Is this even the right one to order? Please forgive my component ignorance. This is out of Nashbar...

Shimano ES71 Bottom Bracket

#SH-BBES71

Click for more pictures
The large 22mm spindle along with the Octalink splined interface increases overall strength and rigidity while at the same time reducing weight. Maintenance free sealed bearings. Includes an anti corrosion treatment for the spindle. Specify Model: 68x113, 68x118, 73x113 or 73x118.

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply
Re: P3 owners...need a bottom bracket..what size do I order? [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need a 68 X 109.5 if you are in the Shimano world. 68 X 108 if you are in the ISIS world. English thread.

I am assuming you are talking double chain ring. the Ultegra BB is a good choice for most people.

Make sure you have the spline tool to install it if you are doing it yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 owners...need a bottom bracket..what size do I order? [campbell53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
68 x 109.5 octalink for shimano cranks, square taper for campy. either of those or ISIS for FSA. you need to know what interface your cranks have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You already know this Doug, but follow the instructions for installation carefully. Your frame is valuable- don't take chances with an accident installing the BB.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply