Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet???
Quote | Reply
I have been waiting for my replacement carbon seatpost for 3 months....any update on them yet?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's looking good. The latest version has passed all the lab test, and the field testing is going well (I've been riding one for almost a month now and it's all looking good). In a few more weeks we'll start the distribution of the seatposts to those we owe one to.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just for fun I thought I would renew this old thread. Any chance I can get one of these puppies in the next three months, Gerard?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I want mine too. Bought my P3 in May, 2003. Gerard?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [Cantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people are so pushy. I bought mine in March of 2000. Take a number and stand in line.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But did you get wheels? I didn't get wheels either. Being short shipped on wheels ought to move me up in the queue for the seatpost :)
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [Cantri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good comeback. Yes, I got wheels. I still have them. Make me an offer.
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This seatpost reminds me of Dans Dura Ace/ Record study, which reminds me of Bigfoot.

Lost of claims about seeing one but never having proof. Art Bell should do a show on it.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
I know where all the seatposts are... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...right here.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost - Are the carbon ones ready yet??? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

My LBS where I bought my P3 in Oct just gave me a carbon seat post last week. If the new ones aren't out yet, what did I get?

Thanks,

Ed

'It makes no sense for me to apologize for being an asshole. For acting like an asshole, yes, I'd fall on my sword for that. But how can one apologize for one's state of being?' - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ed: If you look carefully, you'll notice that my post to which you are referring is from months ago. The post you have is it, the final version.

Hid: If you look carefully, you'll notice that all CSC bikes have Alu seatposts. I don't want to give them carbon seatposts until all backorders from our regular customers are fulfilled and luckily, they couldn't care less what seatpost they ride with.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

I have a question about the color of the 04 P3. I know the 04 P3 is the CSC team colors but it looks different than the pictures of the CSC team bikes. The CSC bike colors look so sharp and bright and the 04 P3 ad colors look dull and flat. Is it my imagination? Do these bikes have the exact same paint on them?

Thanks,

Tommy
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [tommy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's simply a lousy picture in our ads and on our website. We'll do better next year.

Gerard.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry Gerard, I was only kidding (trying to make light of the situation).

Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know, but don't those team bikes look HOT with those Alu posts? Carbon posts are for choppers. :-)

Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard, how would I go about backording one of those carbon posts? I need a short one. I only have 9 cm of black post showing above the collar. How much weight would it save?
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would I want a Carbon seat post on my P3? Do I need/want one and not know it?

turbo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are overweight, over 40 and out of shape, you have a way of convincing yourself that if you can just get one ounce off of your bike that you are too lazy to get off of your ever expanding middle, a carbon seatpost is just the thing.

Highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,

What is going on with your engineering department? Or is it production? Shouldn't you be finishing up engineering on next years models today instead of finishing wear testing on seatpost/bikes you intended to launch this January/February?

It seems that new product launches have been missed the last two years. Doesn't that adversely effect sales? And even if it does not effect sales, do you want your customers to ride on a carbon seatpost that has only been wear tested for a few months? I would rather ride on products that have been field tested for 6-12 months minimum.

Taking time to field test properly would also help alleviate problems like the rear wheel rubbing on my P2K (2001 model) which does not have the set screws. No other bike I have ever owned has had that problem. When your customers spend $2000.00 + for a bike, I believe they should get a well engineered machine.

I understand you have made changes to improve designs over the years...that's progress. But it sure seems that having the engineering nailed and field tested well in advance would be a great service to your customers.

Thank you for being so available to your customers.

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [Robert S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, despite the fact that Gerard has taken his company from nothing to a world class competitor in both TdF road racking and triathlon in five years, he obviously has no idea what he is doing.

Gerard, do you know where I could pick up any of your stock?

Art
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try riding a spec tire.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see above where Gerard states that he has been testing the latest model seatpost for a few weeks and it looks pretty good? That is the same seatpost that has supposed to have been ready for how long?

The set screws rubbing the rear tire must have been a problem...I have talked to three different Cervelo employees about the matter and they all have the same stock answer about chain pins and epoxy. My lbs which is a Cervelo dealer has also asked because several of their customers have had the wheel rub problem. The intent of the post was to get a better understanding of how product development works with a company that I have supported.

What Gerard has done with his company is amazing...Does that mean it cannot improve?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Did you see above where Gerard states that he has been testing the latest model seatpost for a few weeks and it looks pretty good? That is the same seatpost that has supposed to have been ready for how long?
Did you check the date of the post your refering to? Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed, the date was 6 months ago, Art resurrected this thread...

Regarding the rubbing issue, is it a case of the wheel slipping in the horizontal dropout? or is the "wheel well" not properly shaped to accomodate the wheel? (similar to the Trek Madone 5.9 cutout - sweet bike, but at that point, the "fin" they added seems like nothing more than added weight)

If the wheel is slipping, try an extra twist or two of the quick release. Or a better quick release with a little more "dig".

Woody

Mike Hollywood
http://www.bostontriathlonteam.com
http://www.michaelhollywood.com
Quote Reply
Re: P3 Seatpost [smartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys... ;-)

Just took delivery of my 04 P3 WITH the carbon seatpost and the beautiful Team CSC colors. When the HED Alps front and Renn disk arrive the machine will be complete.

I can only stare in awe at it until spring when I can get it out on the road and stretch it's legs. Cronometro rocks!

Tinman

tinman
Quote Reply

Prev Next