Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 - Behind seat hydration
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at what options are available for hydration behind a P3 seat. Because the P3 uses an aero seatpost it will need to fix to the saddle itself. The X-wing looks a bit on the heavy side.

The Tacx T6202 is an option (http://www.tacx.nl/....cfm?l=en&id=100) but I'm not sure if it can carry the weight of 2 bottles.

Any suggestions?

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: P3 - Behind seat hydration [postmanpat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a P2K and I use the X-Lab "FlatWing" with 2 Profile "Kages". The weight is comparable to the Tacx system without the bottle cages. I would guess that the total weight with out the water bottles is around 250 grams. You can check out: http://www.airointernational.com for further info. I have not had any problems with the X-Lab system. I had tried the "SaddleWing" and found it to be harder to mount / dismount the bike while speeding through the transistions. This "SaddleWing" system puts the bottles up to high.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minoura - cheap, light, fastens to the seat rails and is postioned well.

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not want to mount anything to the seat rails and never had found something that I liked. I have made a bracket very similar to the aquarack but to fit the aero post of my dual. I then used the bottle mount portion of the aquarack to mount the bottles to the new base. Work and looks great. Very light and keeps the bottle below the seat which is a feature that I like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also use the X-Lab flatwing. Like Du2Tri, I also tried the Saddlewing, but it sticks up too high in the back, and I had scary visions of a failed attempt to run and jump on the bike- ending up sprawled out on the ground in T1. The Flatwing seems to work great- no bottle launches and it also holds the CO2, pump adapter and other stuff which the minoura can't do as easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Minoura on the back of my softride.
Puts the bottles nicely low enough. I had a saddlewing but it sat too high for me. The minoura sites low, with the small bottles (16oz ??), the bottle pretty much sit below the saddle so you can use the whole saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got the minoura ($12) with 2 of the cheapest bottle cages ($2) on the back of my P2k. I've given it extensive testing over all kinds of terrain, including bouncing around in the back of my truck, and it seems impossible to launch bottles. In addition, total cost was less than some people pay for a single bottle cage.
Quote Reply