Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3C fitting guidlines
Quote | Reply
Are there any general fitting guidlines for a P3C? There is not a dealer anywhere near me that has a P3C in 48 or 51 in stock and before traveling to a place that has one I would like to get a general idea if they are even in the ball park for my size. My height is 170cm and my inseam is 76.2cm. From the Cervelo geometry charts it seems like the 48 might be a little on the small side but the 51 could be a little on the large side. I would prefer the 51 since I have quite a few 700 size wheel sets. Any help or past experience to let me know if I might be able to fit the 51 would be appreciated or if there is anyone else out there close to my demensions riding a 51 P3C I would be grateful to know how it is working out for you.

Thanks,

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: P3C fitting guidlines [MikeC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just to add to this question... I am trying to compare my exisiting bike measurements to the P3 and have noticed that the toptube lenghts are way off. For me the stand over height on the 56 seems corrrect. but the top tube length on the 54 seems correct. Need help as well...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys might went to send Tom Demerly an email. Here's his article about the P3C vs P3.

http://www.bikesportmichigan.com/...rvelorP3Carbon.shtml
Quote Reply
Re: P3C fitting guidlines [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link to the P3C article from Tom. Now it makes me more confused regarding how things are measured. I am also thinking about the QR Lucero in small with 700 wheels. It has a 77 degree seat tube angle with a 50.5cm. I have a chance to ride the Lucero and I am wondering if anyone has compared that to the 51 P3C. It seems pretty close based on numbers since the P3C is listed as 51cm tt in the 78 degree position. Then again, I am not sure if the measurements are done the same way.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay dude, one of us is going to have to change screen names here dammit.

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike:

I have a 51 cm P3C. I'm 168 cm and my inseam is 77.5 cm. I have my saddle set up in the forward position and am using a 10 cm stem; this seems to fit me pretty well. I've only had it for a short time, so trying to get my position set up correctly is a work in progress. Keep in mind that the head tube is pretty small so you are going to be pretty low on the bike.

I did not try the 48; I was measured by my LBS and the 51 was the size that was the best fit for me.

When I ordered my P3C, they were not even making them, so I was also a bit nervous about the fit. I like it so far.

Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There were several errors in the article that change much of the premise. Better do a search on slowtwitch forum to find the earlier posts about it.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: P3C fitting guidlines [rkling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard, thanks for the response, I did some measuring this weekend and we are pretty close in size, I am 170cm tall and have a 76.2cm inseam. Your reply gave me some hope since the P3C is the only frame in this category that I really want, I am just probably going to need to order it online. I've search all through slowtwitch and everything else for any kind of guidlines. It's funny that I have had two different road bike fittings at bike shops via 2 different methods and one came out that I needed a 52cm tt and the other came out that I needed a 54cm tt. It would be great to have a database that displayed different body demensions and what size frame was fit to them. It sure woud make the purchase easier for those of us who need to order from a dealer that is not close enough to go for an actual fitting on the actual bike that you want since many dealers don't stock all sizes.

Mike C, sorry, you were probably here first. I will start thinking of a new screen name. :)
Quote Reply