Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P.R.O. Series with Frankie Andreu
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know about the "P.R.O. Series with Frankie Andreu". Has anyone done this or is it new? I did a search but got no hits.
Quote Reply
Re: P.R.O. Series with Frankie Andreu [Yossarian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. I am working there as the bike fitter at the camp.

What would like to know?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yossarian,

I think he is guiding some tours or training camps. The P.R.O. Series is a higher level of participation. More in depth, more contact with top notch cycling authorities, etc.

Check his website, I think you'll find some information there. There used to be info there about this. If it is no longer there, then maybe it fell apart. Not enough interest. I think it was about $1,800 a week. Pretty steep. But one way to ensure serious cyclists are the only participants and limit the size of the response.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Feb 11, 05 15:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the link, the price list and the itinerary. Hopefully we'll see you there!

http://www.discoveradventures.com/TourDesc.asp?id=TDG6

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: P.R.O. Series with Frankie Andreu [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What would like to know?

I'd guess this a combination of schmoozing, riding and technical discussions, but in what proportion? How much of a learning opportunity is this? I'm fairly new to this sport, so it's not like I've heard it all already, but I don't know how much I would benefit from a bunch of TdF war stories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, Frankie generally does not tell stories about his racing at all unless pressed. He is a good instructor and we learn something about riding, tactics and decision making on the road most times we ride with the guy. He has really gone a long way to bring younger riders along, and in doing so, we've all learned a lot too.

Remember, in addition to Frankie being there there is other coaching staff- all experienced, and the benefit of other riders as well. There is support from an excellent local pro bike shop.

I'm pleased to be working with Frankie on this one. I think we'll be putting together a strong program where people will learn quite a bit about all aspects of cycling: Technical, tactical, practical, etc. There is even a nutritionist on the program and I'm doing some bike fitting, etc.

Check it out:

http://www.discoveradventures.com/TourDesc.asp?id=TDG6

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply