Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the link for the start list of Oregon 70.3 pros.
Also will the race be broadcast.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No broadcast. Here is the pro start list from Ironman. It’s not updated as I know Eric and Paula aren’t racing.
https://files.constantcontact.com/...c88-34b7ee3286c6.pdf

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
No broadcast. Here is the pro start list from Ironman. It’s not updated as I know Eric and Paula aren’t racing.
https://files.constantcontact.com/...c88-34b7ee3286c6.pdf

why did Paula and Eric drop out?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eric is focusing on Xterra races. Not sure about Paula, but probably focusing on PTO prep.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am at run aid station 1. Lionel, Trevor and Martin just ran by looking great. Should.be a fun battle on the run.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [barrec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update Martin is new to me, what is his background? He's having a bar burner of a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another day at the job for Lionel, easy win.

Is there a place where you can see who has won the most IM/70.3?
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:

It is Lionel for sure..I think this makes around 30, 70.3 wins.
I look forward to his post race video.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
lassekk wrote:

It is Lionel for sure..I think this makes around 30, 70.3 wins.
I look forward to his post race video.

His website says 31 guess 32 now. Even if 5 of those are challenge etc. He still got it. Not much credit given for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy Potts website says 30 70.3 wins so if both numbers are correct Lionel would have only recently passed that.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe this race has now passed Augusta as the fastest "downhill" swim. I know in some venues they make the swim longer to be more closer to the time in water, I guess this didn't do that.

16:13 Mark Dubrick leading swim
LS 22nd ~1:40 back

I always get a kick out of swim splits when they are faster than the ITU time splits when they swim 1.5km. Again I get it, some venues you can't really just "add on" as easily if there is no entrance or dock.

Good for the new dad club to get a W.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I believe this race has now passed Augusta as the fastest "downhill" swim. I know in some venues they make the swim longer to be more closer to the time in water, I guess this didn't do that.

I always get a kick out of swim splits when they are faster than the ITU time splits when they swim 1.5km. Again I get it, some venues you can't really just "add on" as easily if there is no entrance or dock.

Swim upstream then down
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've tried that in past at other venues, and the issue becomes an safety issue. If people are going *that* fast downstream, imagine how much of a struggle they'll have swimming into that current.

Hell I believe it was a few years back at Chattanooga, they did a course change in the swim basically on the fly. They stopped sending people upstream as the pros were having difficulty with it.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Swim upstream then down

I had an athlete who had a top 15 overall swim time today hold 2:58-3:02 /100m upstream yesterday and :held :58 downstream yesterday.

Going upstream is not an option there unless, of course, you want a near 100% DNF rate.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jul 23, 23 13:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

Swim upstream then down

Current in Salem is too strong. It's almost unnerving in some areas where you have 0 control.

I does seem possible to make the swim longer there by just going further upstream, but at that point you're just debating over how long you want the current to carry you.

It's a fast swim, but it's by no means challenge-free.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:

Lmao. Its not even close. Oregon is borderline white water. Nothing compares and its a big asterisk imo. The results aren't real.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [Sub17Project] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub17Project wrote:
B_Doughtie wrote:

Lmao. Its not even close. Oregon is borderline white water. Nothing compares and its a big asterisk imo. The results aren't real.

The results are real, just the paces are not comparable to other venues.

I think we now see this as a race selected by novice swimmers and avoided by top swimmers. No advantage to gain in the water.

Not worth it being a pro race, will get a bad draw and it will sell out every year with or without a pro race.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only new dads, Lionel and Skipper on the other coast,weren't so sleep deprived they could have done so much better.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know some top swimmers who did choose this race, really scratching my head on that
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:

Current in Salem is too strong. It's almost unnerving in some areas where you have 0 control.

I does seem possible to make the swim longer there by just going further upstream, but at that point you're just debating over how long you want the current to carry you.

It's a fast swim, but it's by no means challenge-free.

With dam control and the river gradient there is a limit to navigable stretches. There’s an easy access spot further upstream with easy trail access. But you end up having to walk a hundred yards of gravel to get thru there. It reminds me a bit of the old Vineman course in the Russian River where most years absolutely included some walking.

Overall still a great venue. It is nice to have a community that welcomes triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really? The current in the swim of this race would nearly negate the advantage that really good swimmers have on the field.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you guys seen this interview? Basically, it sounds like it was just another day in the office for him. So inspiring and humble. Can't wait to see the second half of the season by this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQPeRZgLcUQ
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Have you guys seen this interview? Basically, it sounds like it was just another day in the office for him. So inspiring and humble. Can't wait to see the second half of the season by this guy.

Hey,a win is a win and good on him,but it was a "training race" and nothing to get all excited about. Not winning would have been a bigger story.

The PTO race next month is where the action is and that should be quite the show.
Quote Reply
Re: Oregon 70.3 start list and broadcast [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:

Edit: link fixed

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Jul 24, 23 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
s13tx wrote:

Hey,a win is a win and good on him,but it was a "training race" and nothing to get all excited about. Not winning would have been a bigger story.

The PTO race next month is where the action is and that should be quite the show.

He hit targeted numbers and I'm sure he will raise the bar even higher before PTO next month. Training with his crew including Sam Long is paying off it seems like. Trevor Foley did great too. Too bad he missed the second place by 8 seconds. Definitely, he's moving to the right direction.
Quote Reply

Prev Next