Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orca Wetsuit Repair
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can send an Orca wetsuit for repair? I contacted the company and they said they didn't have any service set up for out of warranty repair work. This would be something to keep in mind in your next wetsuit purchase.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Wetsuit Repair [triteach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a zipper come off on a customer. This is what I got from Orca about a month ago:

Hi Kyle,
We can do it for you for $25 if you send a return lable along with the suit.
Send the suit, return lable and check made out to OrcaUSA to:

OrcaUSA
288 Beach Drive
S. Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150

Got it back in a couple of weeks, no problem. I have a guys e-mail, let me know if you need it.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Wetsuit Repair [KyleM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. If you have an email address, that would be great.

Geoff
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Wetsuit Repair [KyleM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I contacted the Orca distributor again to make sure I had their story straight and Stefan Laursen of Orca USA told me, "Warranties go back to New Zealand and out of warranties repairs are up to the local dealer or end user. We don't repair wetsuits, we are only a distributor."

Stefan Laursen
2236 Park Place
Suite D
Minden NV 89423
USA

Phone: 001-866 257 ORCA (6722)
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Wetsuit Repair [triteach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Orca's wetsuit repairs really suck. I have a predator than is about 5 years old and the zipper came off of it last season. Orca basically told me that because it was not under warrenty that I was on my own, no recommendations where to send it to be repaired or anything.

I would not buy another Orca anything and would encourage people to think about it before buying from them. They just really don't stand behind their product well.

Kev
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Wetsuit Repair [Kev100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't buy Orca again either. In my research, I found a place that is highyly recommeded and reportedly, fast. Here is the contact info for anyone else in need of repair:

Barbara Mau
Express Wetsuit Repair
(949)498-8121
http://www.expresswetsuit.com

Ship To:
Express Wetsuit Repair
638 Camino de los Mares
Suite H130-230
San Clemente, CA 92673

I am very interested in the two-piece T1 wetsuit for my next purchase. I will probably go ahead and get the Orca fixed if I can get it fixed cheap and race with it one more season.
Quote Reply