Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orbea Ordu M30, Thoughts?
Quote | Reply
I am considering this bike, it would be me first tri bike. I wanted to get opinions from other owners/ people with a lot of knowledge on tri bikes. (the other option I am considering is the FELT IA 16, but it is ~ $800 more and am not sure if it is worth the extra $'s) [ I race sprint up through full IM ]

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu M30, Thoughts? [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tritexas! My girlfriend and I have been on the Ordu for a year now and we couldn't be happier! I am not saying that because they were a sponsor of ours I am saying that because I think its one the most practical "super bikes" on the market! Its simply, easy to work on, easy to travel with, easy to make adjustments, looks really flash, especially in the blue, and its supa fast! Not a single ride seems to go by in which someone does not compliment it, people even roll down their windows at stop lights to a give a shout. I am 100% confident you will love the Ordu, it will be headache free and fit like a glove!

Scott DeFilippis
Professional Triathlete
Coach and Co/Founder
KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu M30, Thoughts? [sdiycdiycdi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OP is talking asking about the lower priced Ordu M30, not the 'superbike' higher priced Ordu models.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not too familiar with the new M30, but I have one of the Ordu "base models" from 2011. Love mine. I have found it to be very comfortable and reliable over the six years I have ridden it. Besides the basic maintenance and tune ups, nothing major has gone wrong with it. I give it a solid recommendation!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fine quality bike, reasonable components pretty similar to Felt B16/B14 models. Few differences, like crankset is better on Ordu but cable routing on the Felt is nicer by entering in the top tube. Might be a little more aero, but overall it is a nice bike.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu M30, Thoughts? [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duuuhhhhhh...Clearly didn't read that carefully enough. Still back what I have to say about Orbea and complete with Vision Tech he'll be supa happy!

Scott DeFilippis
Professional Triathlete
Coach and Co/Founder
KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's a fine bike, IF it fits you (he said as a M20i Team owner). The one caution I have is that while the Vision bars are fine, the bolts they use to hold in the extensions are not. They strip really easily, to the point where Vision replaced an entire bar system for me when mine stripped. They basically admitted it's a poor design. After stripping another bolt this weekend, I adamantly agree. And before anybody asks, yes I use new allen wrenches and yes I use a torque wrench.

But this is my second Orbea and I've never had a problem with any of their frames or other components they ship with.
Quote Reply