Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Open water swim turns into battle ground
Quote | Reply
FINA world championships are now underway, with the first medals decided in the 5K open water swims

http://slam.canoe.ca/...7/17/1135722-cp.html

"An ugly, red scratch was etched along the neck of the winner of the men's race. Edith Van Dijk of the Netherlands earned a fat lip to go along with her bronze medal. The five-kilometre open water race at the world aquatic championships is a test of strength and endurance. It's also a battle ground. "

Sara McLarty, currently on USAT's National Select Resident Team, finished 4th in the women's 5K race in 55:56, and will also be competing in the women's 10K race. It would be interesting to see what her time for 2.4 would be if she ended up in long course triathlon down the road.
Quote Reply
Re: Open water swim turns into battle ground [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can hold that speed in an Ironman. The last 5K of the run should be just about that time exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: Open water swim turns into battle ground [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a real good kick to the ribs at yesterdays Musselman 1/2IM by some guy I was drafting.He decided to recover w/ the breaststroke( I hate that people do this in a tri)and nailed me good.
Didn't hurt that bad until this morning.

Oh yeah- it hurts real good now.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Open water swim turns into battle ground [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first tri in two years had an open water swim and I got kicked in the stomach, almost caught my breathe and got kicked again. If there would have been a safety boat close I would have quit, but there wasn't and i didn't. I lost about 2 minutes in the water and missed placing by the same amount! Oddly the smacks to the head didn't bother me!

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply