Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Online Custom Orthotics?
Quote | Reply
Long story short: I’m 48 and have mild arthritis in my mid-foot. My orthopedic doc is recommending custom orthotics, at $450. I’ve been using Superfeet off the shelf inserts and they seem fine, and I don’t want to risk spending that much coin on custom orthotics.

There are several online custom orthotics companies that will mail you molds that you step in, mail back, and then they send you the custom orthotics. Prices seem are significantly less. Just as an example, one company sells two sets for $300.

Anyone used a direct to consumer orthotics company? I’m hoping to cut out the middle man.
Quote Reply
Re: Online Custom Orthotics? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used upstep.com for a set of orthotics that I wear in my everyday shoes. The orthotics are fairly tall, so your shoe is going to fit more snug, but I really like the product. I've used the everyday orthotics everyday for over a year now and they still have their same shape. I expect to get at least 5 years out of these. I use to have a set of orthotics from the podiatrist, and they were 2 pieces. A hard molded shell with a cushion on top. The molded shell was good for 15 years, I'd just need to get the cushion replaced every year. I got those for $400, but that was also 20 years ago.

I think the upstep product works great and I would have no issues recommending them.
Quote Reply