Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

One year, no political postings, and I feel much better
Quote | Reply
Normally I would weigh in on certain political discussions, as is my nature, however I have decided to restrain myself - partially as an experiment - to heal myself of the March 2003 Iraq posting scars, and to move on with life.

I still follow the flame threads, but by abstaining from adding my admittedly biased 2 cents, I feel that I am helping to keep the trolls at bay and helping to improve the content on this board ... to keep it related to multisport/cycling, and not to degrade and scare off potential new valued members of the ST community.

Anyway, by hiding the flamethrower in the closet I believe that I was able to make some new friendships/associations, even with those I may have been at odds with on the issues (yo frenchy!)

So before you pull the pin and lob one into the forum, remember that this is a special place and we have some really great contributors here.
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary:

I aspire to your greatness. I don't know if I can attain your remarkable record, I really have problems when something totally ignorant gets posted, but I think it is something worthwhile attempting, particularly in light of a couple of threads this past week.

Tell me, do you feel more peaceful?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary,

I don't think you ever made any political comments - you just posted a picture of the flag.(nudge, wink)

I agree, I'm going to start to back away also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a great post here a few weeks ago. Not very PC, but makes a great point. It was something like this...

What do argueing on the internet and racing the special olympics have in common. You may win, but in the mourning you're still retarded.

Chuck

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vive la France :-)
If you don't like France, just remember that what you don't like is its government...or just replace la France by Le Tour de France :-)

What Iraq posts are you talking about??? :-)

In case, you didn't notice, I have been also fairly quiet for a while on political posting...need more time to train, and need to lose less energy in these stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Vive la France :-) "

And Quebec!!

Francois, just wondering about your schedule and what are you training for BTW? Another IM DNF and you'd better start thinking about joining me in the sprints!!!

Hope life is going good for you mon ami.
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Vive le Quebec libre!" (did someone say that already?)

Schedule: Half Caliman, IM France, maybe IM Canada and hopefully Hawaii.

About DNFs...let me tell you this: I know that some here and on G's forum have put some crap on me, but I don't give a rat's a$$...I know what I can do, my training partner is right up there and tells me I definitely have the ability to do it, and I will go on until it happens.
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Schedule: Half Caliman, IM France, maybe IM Canada and hopefully Hawaii. "

Wow. So what do you do for a day job!!!

As your #1 fan and liberal left wing comrade in arms, I'll keep both my fingers crossed for you and rooting on the sidelines. Keep us informed when you've got time to post. Best of luck mate/mon ami.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No doubt, a clear head, good nutrition, no crashes, right gearing, ... your day will come

IM France, my bet (literally!)

BTW, there is a post for you on the Rotor forum, regarding IM regulation point setup
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this semester, I bored students to death with Artificial intelligence, and Cryptography (I think the crypto students actually enjoyed the class, despite the very theoretical background necessary for this class), wrote research papers, some grant proposals, advised master and phd students...but I can do that when I want...that's the cool thing!

Note that all these races are not during the teaching period... ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Answered the question...but will try tomorrow with the harder setting over some climbs...
planning on 5h with about 9,000ft of climbing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did 60 miles on the higher setting last weekend, found it felt similar, but my legs felt a little more tired after the ride, did a 10m TT and was 15 secs faster than the previous week on the middle setting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I expect the impact to be more important over the climbs (as we discussed before) when you need to generate more power. Will be fun to see.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois, if you don't smoke on of those IMs I am going to really be pissed. I might even accuse you of being French or something vulgar like that.
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
French? hell no! Although It could be worse, I could be Texan :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey now!!! You chose to live in the promised land. ;-)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: One year, no political postings, and I feel much better [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
howdy partner! :-)
Quote Reply