Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway
Quote | Reply
Wanted to start a thread with pictures of old tri bikes that are still rockin' and rollin' down the highway. This is a 2000 Kestrel KM-40 with 650 Tubular Tires on Zipp 404 Wheels. Ole' Bessy still turns heads today.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's a stunner, and the bike i wanted more than any other for many years.

when i was 18 i scratched together enough money to buy a used KM40, but the old version with a seat-tube. i raced it happily for a few years, then UPS wrecked it in during a move in about 2004. i bought a cervelo soloist that i still race today.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [candyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Fast enough for Chrissie fast enough for me!

It's a Good life if you don't Weaken!
My Mom 1922-2004
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just found a set of Scott DH bars & mint condition elbow pads in my parts bin.

Can't decide if I want to hang them as art or sell them

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Zipp 2001 with Hed aerobar and wheelset

Aitor Ruiz de Zárate
http://bbke.blogspot.com
Last edited by: triaitor: May 14, 23 18:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [triaitor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that is a sweet ride
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
candyman wrote:
Wanted to start a thread with pictures of old tri bikes that are still rockin' and rollin' down the highway. This is a 2000 Kestrel KM-40 with 650 Tubular Tires on Zipp 404 Wheels. Ole' Bessy still turns heads today.

What great idea, and what a great bike! Here's my "restomod" Faggin (italian built Columbus lugged steel tubes frame, with 650C wheels), with "modernish" components

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have pictures but rode a kestrel talon until recently when it was destroyed by a car.

Some guy locally is selling Guru Chrono. Guru was what Simon Whitfield rode to gold at the first Olympic tri in Sydney, 2000.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this counts, but it's 13 years old... Never going to be able to touch the speed of the fast guys and girls that rode them when it was new.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2011 Specialized Comp. Still gets the job done.
Last edited by: got2triagain: May 15, 23 7:53
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [eemanuele19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eemanuele19 wrote:
Not sure if this counts, but it's 13 years old... Never going to be able to touch the speed of the fast guys and girls that rode them when it was new.

Nice clean setup. I’ve got a 2007 P3 that I’ve wanted to be electronic shifting on.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2005 Cervelo Dual with period-appropriate HED bars.. I'm about to rebuild this in road bike configuration with gravel bars, will have my last race on it as a tri bike next weekend..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rebuilt as a roadie. Too slammed as a for me as a daily driver but interesting project.
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [Dolfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I figured out how to upload a picture. Maybe not…let’s see…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been racing on this 2000 Cervelo Eyre frame since I bought it new. Original Syntace bars. Dean T, I'm using a Centurion Accordo as a commuter bike. It was my first tri bike. The Dave Scott autograph model was a bit pricey for me at the time.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: May 15, 23 20:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still ride this one, although not in races. Managed to get signed by a bunch of good people - Mike Reilly, Sam Warriner, Cam Brown, Hannah Berry, Seb Kienle, Rebecca Clarke, Braden Currie.

Last edited by: quintana who: May 15, 23 20:54
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's awesome!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My latest project: 1st gen. Scott Waimea (TIG welded steel frame), with a few upgrades (seat/seatpost and drive train)

Last edited by: jollyroger88: May 16, 23 0:10
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a tri bike but I’m still using this Beauty that I bought in 2008!
The groupset was swapped out for Record 12 Speed last year though.
Last edited by: m@tty: May 16, 23 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quintana who wrote:
Still ride this one, although not in races. Managed to get signed by a bunch of good people - Mike Reilly, Sam Warriner, Cam Brown, Hannah Berry, Seb Kienle, Rebecca Clarke, Braden Currie.

I love everything about this. Fully external cables, handlebars that look purposefully designed for extra drag, mismatched bottle cages, but gotta have an aero seatpost for those marginal gains
Quote Reply
Re: Old Tri Bikes Still Rockin' and Rollin' Down the Highway [mathematics] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but one of the cages is ti. So it must be faster right? Too flexible to actually hold a bottle securely but that’s not the point…
I’m just waiting for the spinergys to fail. From what I’ve read on line they will kill a small mammal, cut my fingers off, catch fire and then explode. Probably.
Last edited by: quintana who: May 16, 23 18:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2012 called and wants its bike back.

NOS, almost finished, have pre firecrest 808s to roll on.

Last edited by: BUNSRLTW: May 16, 23 18:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And this. I do love an old QR. With silly little wheels.
Last edited by: quintana who: May 16, 23 19:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next