Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine!
Quote | Reply
Yeah maybe this ought to be in the Lavender Room....but whatever....here is mine.
1987 VW Westfalia I have restored over the past few years.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its all about the engine.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a 73, though I really like the grill from the 67s, which is why it's there... I restored and painted it in my garage. Wire wheels, overdrive tranny and quite the hoot to drive.

Coach TJ Tryon - Open Water Swim Clinics | Facebook | @tjtryon

Ask me about: T3 Multisport | Gu Energy | Torhans | Xterra Wetsuits (discount code) | Karbon Speed - discount code: COACHTJ | Uvex Helmets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As they say, its a nice starter Porsche. My wife's. Got it through a business deal, like less than an uber bike, and although you can't service the thing without putting it up, I can definitely see how people fall in love w/them. Very fun,
Oh, and I beg to argue that its not about the engine, its about the wheels.

Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [tkonecny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my other toys... 1990 300ZX

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picture won't post. Picture a black 2500 Dodge Hemi Ram Quad Cab, with 35" Mickey Thompsons, 2 inch lift.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [bmcmaster11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Picture won't post. Picture a black 2500 Dodge Hemi Ram Quad Cab, with 35" Mickey Thompsons, 2 inch lift.

Last edited by: legs: Oct 10, 09 18:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For travel...

...and for play

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

ya gotta love a Jeep!

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Last edited by: miTmite: Oct 10, 09 18:51
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone with an A3 was sold a bill of goods.....god I hate that (my) car.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

what? why?
i haven't owned one but I've driven one a good bit. The 2.0T engine is glorious, the car is pretty sweet. did it break a lot on ya?

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

what? why?
i haven't owned one but I've driven one a good bit. The 2.0T engine is glorious, the car is pretty sweet. did it break a lot on ya?
How could you hate it?!? I love mine. It's perfect for throwing my bike in the back or on top and it drives well.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [legs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very partial to classic British cars having owned umpteen of them over the years. Used to own a Triumph TR4 similiar to this one. Could kick myself for ever selling it (along with many other classics I owned). My son has three more years of college and then my life is my own. I see a Triumph TR4, TR250 or maybe even a TR6 in my future.

Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • Terrible torque steer (came from a Twin Turbo AWD car)
  • Terrible Snow Traction (both on the OE tires and the new Bridgestones - it is a weight thing)
  • Terrible oil usage (2qts every oil change of Mobil1 0-40)
  • Seats tear up fast on drivers bolster
  • Terrible design on e-brake lever that wears from the arm wrest
  • Terrible cup holders (far too close for anything but two cans of soda)
  • Terrible place for 12v jack (under arm wrest)
  • Rear seats do not fold flat
  • Terrible rear seat cup holders
  • Sunshades on roof are worthless
  • Wheel bearings are shit (3 gone in warranty period - one post warranty)
  • Wheels peel and flake "clear coat" with out scratches
  • Climate Control is flaky on passenger side (in three I have driven - Ice air on passenger feet in the winter despite the settings)
  • DSG cant handle ANY mods ( I did not mod my car, but those I know that have been blew up their DSG)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Can't believe this is the only picutre I have:

Do have an excellent movie it starred in for a film class that I did. Too bad we cannot post videos.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to hell you never ever post in the future anything about "Global Warming" or "Giving more to the poor".....

(Yes, I too am in the 911 club - not at the moment as a new home has taken priority of a new 997 Turbo ;-) )

Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [tjtryon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I owned a 1969 MGB years ago. The pre emission control ones with the chrome bumpers and twin SU carbs are the ones you want. The later rubber bumper ones with the single carb and elevated front end just don't cut it. The front SCCA racer style spoiler you've added is a nice after market touch.

I also had a fatted out 1970 MG Midget with a hotted up 1275cc engine and suspension mods. That car was the ultimate sleeper.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My A3 has 78K on it. It uses oil. I also have an A4 with 68K and it does not have the same issues with the higher oil consumption. I had the leather replaced on the driver seat at 49999 miles and it has been ok since.
Quote Reply
Re: Okay getting bored: Show me your ride....the one with an engine! [Raptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1.8 or 3.2 in the A4?

Then again...I paid cash for the A3 when I was buying another car and got into a saleman made mess....the A3 was the down payment on a 2007 997 TurboS....back in 96...No damn wonder I hate it.

Our 2005 Mercedes C32 has far more room inside and fits more stuff than the A3 - never ever had issue one with it - even with the Supercharger and the power the car has.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
1.8 or 3.2 in the A4? ...
The A4 is a 2003 with a 1.8. The A3 is a 2006 with a 2.0.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Real Porsches have air cooled engines. End of conversation.

I had a two of these, one a 1960 Cabriolet and the other a 1963 coupe sort of like this one. Most of the classic stuff I owned was British, but I made an exception for the 356's. One again I could kick myself for selling them because I'll never be able to likely afford another with what they're fetching on the classic car market. I'd also enjoy an early model 911, 912 or 914/6.

Quote Reply

Prev Next