Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe not if the cameraman motorpaces them back.

---------------------------------------------------

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Brawndo's got electrolytes. And that's what plants crave. They crave electrolytes. Which is what Brawndo has. And that's why plants crave Brawndo. Not water, like from the toilet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh. That girl's bike bottle mount on the bars is like something right out of the Profile catalogue from the early 90s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They just showed CHI? throw up a hand in frustration. Is she in the second group trying to get back on and wants help?

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [Jagerstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, oh. Rabie(s) ;-) dropped her chain or didn't tighten her rear wheel down tight enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if Snowsill is there Kahuna but we've got the Chinese there agitated that some riders are slacking...

Oh, a mechanical.... for Rabie!

Now, we need to get those three motos out from between the two groups- you have to say, that really isn't fair to the leaders.

you see riders coming off the bakc there at the top of the climb. Bennett... on the very back.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is anyone else getting in audio commentary from the NBC site? I hear natural race noise, but no speaking. It's actually quite nice though...but I have a hrad time picking out who's who. Or what the gaps are.

ADW

Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simple-

Because the next ITU race where the athletes don't appear to be tactically clueless on the bike will be the first.

I'm enjoying seeing a group of women set up 3 side-by-side TTT's while Fernandes flexes her muscles for no other reason than to, I guess, flex her muscles.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [Onetimepad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
is anyone else getting in audio commentary from the NBC site? I hear natural race noise, but no speaking. It's actually quite nice though...but I have a hrad time picking out who's who. Or what the gaps are.
That's normal. It's the same with the CBC online coverage. They're just taking the live feed from the BOB (Olympic feed).

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike pack's getting mad at a few wheel suckers. Good. Maybe Bennett and a few others needs to start trying to take some steam out of Fernandez's legs. Some surges, etc. Not much of a plan but better than nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you guys (Tom, ddakin, et al) are about a minute behind in the coverage...weird

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it's a little eerie with no stupid announcers and just the splashing of them swimming on the audio.
Eerie is a good word for it. Boring as hell is another although with this thread as commentary maybe I can watch it afterall ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, keep it up! I can almost picture it. How are the big guns doing?? any breaks or attempts yet?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Typing skills, my good son. ;-)

BK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, two riders there quite blatantly using the motos to get back in contact. There may be discussion about that.

JOyce!!!

Yes, two disticnt groups with one rider in no-man's land.

Did you see the flag corps? reminiscent of the days of Mao... before the cultural revolotuion

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, a mechanical.... for Rabie! \

If you call riding up a hill in the big ring, shifting all the way up to the smallest gear, and then when you get lugged and shift down and throw your chain a mechanical, then you are right...

Actually I'm just speculating, but that's what it looked like to me, typical mistake of triathletes....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [Skoorb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
it's a little eerie with no stupid announcers and just the splashing of them swimming on the audio.
Eerie is a good word for it. Boring as hell is another although with this thread as commentary maybe I can watch it afterall ;)

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [ericreid421] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, keep it up! I can almost picture it. How are the big guns doing?? any breaks or attempts yet?

No big breaks. Some girls trying to bridge from the second pack to the lead pack. No real threats on the breakaways, such as they are. And if they ride like that, Fernandes is going to run away from them after T2.

BK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, Tom should be happy. A nice long perspective shot of a girl riding hard on her Cervelo :-))

BK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bennett crashes and takes down Snowsill!!

OK, not quite, still waiting for things to space out. Very tight pack.

I'm not used to draft-legal races, I suppose that must be why nothing has happened yet.
Last edited by: Skoorb: Aug 17, 08 19:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brazilian girl (Ohata) trying a breakaway. Good luck with that tactic.

BK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
20 in the first pack, the chasers are 31 secs behind

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lead pack is 20 after lap 2.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [ddakin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A quick break for me for the loo and to get a Lime Perrier and some fig bars.

Back into the stadium. So grand. How far we've come....

Up to the top of the key there for lap 2 looking like 18 riders in this lead group with our Americans riding wisely. There seems to be some discussion now.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Womens Olympic Triathlon Thread [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
31's a looong way. They need to tighten up their pacing and share the load a bit more. If all the good runners are up in the first pack, it becomes academic after that unless one of those second pack girls has a career run day.

BK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was waiting for someone to say it ;)

Actually a few very smart looking white Soloists in this race

- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply

Prev Next