macca macca. looking good.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i dont want to see him get in trouble for this.... but he should know better than when in the lead with camera on you..... dont drop your gear like this on the ground when you were in transition 1min ago..... he is allowed to drop the gear at a aid station but he really did it wrong here in front of everyone.

...it s world champ.... i dont want to see something bad happen to him after all this hard work...

Yeah I hear ya. That would be a shame. But as someone else said rules are rules...

This run is shaping up to be a battle on a few different levels.

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Macca looks very good.

Norman looks realy stiff.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what Lieto's runs have been the past few years? A 12 minute lead may won't be enough to hold off the low 2:40 crew unless Lieto can go several minutes under 3:00.

My egocentric blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of players from 12 to 15 minutes back. This could have a side by side reminiscent of 20 years ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: IMH Computer setup... [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Go buckeyes!
Espn discided to show Pitt/Conn instead here in CA. WTF?
Because Ohio St. is the most overrated team in the most overrated conference in College Football.
Not into tearing down today. Go Bruins. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [caius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There you go. The guy who missed the swim cutoff my a couple of seconds has an amazing story. Four bouts of cancer, hip and shoulder surgery and a heart transplant. Damn impressive for being so strong mentally and not giving up. So many inspirational stories in IM.

So I am assuming he was given a spot (which I have no issue with), as he would provide a good story for the broadcast and/or press coverage. I wonder what his recent training/race results were and if he had much hope of even finishing the swim or the rest of the race, i.e. did he even do a HIM or something this year in some kind of reasonable time (under 6 hours?).

Again not debating his "right" to be in the race, but kind of questioning whether to some extent he was being exploited by the race organization for publicity. If he had almost no chance to finish, why would they let him in the race. It sounds like he was very upset to not get to start the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [gadzinm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No chance in hell he gets a penalty. Those things aren't trash, as said previously, just something cool for the fans to take home. He should have held onto them but give the guy a break... lots of emotions at the moment (he's leading the freaking world championship). I say that this is a very minor issue if any issue at all.

Yes, I shave my legs. Yes, I am comfortable with this. I am enlightened.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he got rid of them for the humid portion of the run on Ali'i... he'll pick them up for the drier hotter part of the run up on the Queen K

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts is 18 mins back
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [hsaulean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this live vid coverage is terrible. so choppy and always cutting out.
Quote Reply
Re: IMH Computer setup... [sdmike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OT, but of all weekends for me to be benched...really bad CPK levels this week so the MD said no exercise for a week. I'm dying to go for a ride tomorrow now and the IMLP bike course is a short drive away....

Quote | Reply
Are you on IM live or universalsports.com? I'm on the latter and have not had one cutout all day. It has been seriously impressive. About the only thing they could improve on that I could tell is the resolution, but that might take too much bandwidth.

Spot

Quote | Reply
I've had like 2 cutouts all day.
Quote Reply
Re: IMH Computer setup... [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, I am totally with you...my plan was for a 60-75 minute run today, then chillin' out with the computer...1 mile into my run, excruciating pain in my hip made me pull up short and walk home...still hurts. I'm looking at probably at least 2 weeks of no run, no bike. But, every time I start feeling sorry for myself, I think of Rudy out there with no freakin' legs, and realize I'm pretty damn lucky...

Spot

Quote | Reply
who was the guy coming out of T2 with compression socks but a SPEEDO?

What, compression is important on the calves but not the quads?

that was ugly.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i was on ironman.com just switched to universal sports....waaay better
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Macca looks very good.

Norman looks realy stiff.

Normann always runs with a bit of a stiff gate. But yeah, Macca looks really good.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i was on ironman.com just switched to universal sports....waaay better

Yeah I have 5 hours and 50 mins of running time on us.com Left it on all day with no issues... Unreal. Great quality

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Re: Official Ironman Kona thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only two guys wearing speedos among the PRO men are Faris and Sturla, I guess, it´s Sturla.

In Reply To:
who was the guy coming out of T2 with compression socks but a SPEEDO?

What, compression is important on the calves but not the quads?

that was ugly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paula not so good with the math. Michael Lovato was out ahead of Chrissie and swam 1min faster and rode 4:51. Chrissie rode 4:53ish by my rough math.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CW looked better coming up the hill than all the men!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com