Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cooking 10k to then hit that hill 5 times! Very impressive.

Women opened with a 33:40!

Felt the whole day was really well done and it was so damn great to see Lakeshore packed with people!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone has been so friendly. Location next to the lake is amazing. Could live without the smoke

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave,

Well done on the duathlon. Second fastest first run, fourth fastest second run, bike....well.........and then 6th overall. It had to be fun passing so many guys on the second run who passed you on the bike. My wife and I will be up on Monday. If you see an old guy riding around on an ancient slick tired titanium mountain bike it's probably me.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting I just measured the water at 22.5 at the shoreline. If correctly, this would imply not wetsuit legal for the shorter swims. I wonder if correct,would they make the aquathlon a run/swm/run event like it is supposed to be.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know where ITU drop the thermostat but it wouldn't be at the shoreline. They've been daily communication 19-20C all week and it has gotten colder not warmer during the nights.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
Don't know where ITU drop the thermostat but it wouldn't be at the shoreline. They've been daily communication 19-20C all week and it has gotten colder not warmer during the nights.

I went out into the water the second time. Got 23C

since I have seen first hand the ITU lying about water temperature in the past, ......

I am willing to meet any ITU person with my tester and if mine is broken, great.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my review (only other Worlds trip was a "home game" for 2007 LC Du in Richmond):

Location: Spectacular! BC definitely living up to its catch phrase, "Super, Natural."

Smoke: Flew into Vancouver from Philly last Wednesday and drove to Penticton on Thursday. Amazing views during the entire 4.5 hr trip. Only smoke issues were Sat after my race. Very little smoke Sunday.

People: Incredibly friendly (and chatty)

Pizza: Try the Bad Tattoo, "Chicago" style; thin crust with all the toppings.

Nachos: Totally recommend the Cannery's "vegetarian nachos" (and then have them add chicken on top).

Beer: Been trying the "flights" to get a taste of everything

Wine: With 100+ wineries in the area, it's hard to go wrong, but don’t overlook the "non-descript" offerings; we missed ROCHE on Upper Bench the first time and glad we found it on the second trip (and our tasting host is doing the LC later this week).V

Bloody Mary: My usual go-to, post-race celebration drink (along with a hearty breakfast), but apparently, it's called a Caesar here in BC, featuring Clamato juice. With some trepidation, I gave it a try. It was "okay" but definitely looking forward to a proper Bloody back in Delco!

Bike Tour: Enthusiastically recommend HOODOO ADVENTURES and their Kettle Valley Rail Trail tour. Ask for Mike and Curtis; they are GREAT!!!

USAT: Thanks for the support; TEAM USA feel has been special (and the Ramada has been an excellent team hotel).

ITU: Great organization and foresight bringing all these events to one location. If not for the race, we would not have likely ever made a trip to Western Canada (which would have been our loss).
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [Hazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hazy wrote:
Here's my review (only other Worlds trip was a "home game" for 2007 LC Du in Richmond):

Location: Spectacular! BC definitely living up to its catch phrase, "Super, Natural."

Smoke: Flew into Vancouver from Philly last Wednesday and drove to Penticton on Thursday. Amazing views during the entire 4.5 hr trip. Only smoke issues were Sat after my race. Very little smoke Sunday.

People: Incredibly friendly (and chatty)

Pizza: Try the Bad Tattoo, "Chicago" style; thin crust with all the toppings.

Nachos: Totally recommend the Cannery's "vegetarian nachos" (and then have them add chicken on top).

Beer: Been trying the "flights" to get a taste of everything

Wine: With 100+ wineries in the area, it's hard to go wrong, but don’t overlook the "non-descript" offerings; we missed ROCHE on Upper Bench the first time and glad we found it on the second trip (and our tasting host is doing the LC later this week).V

Bloody Mary: My usual go-to, post-race celebration drink (along with a hearty breakfast), but apparently, it's called a Caesar here in BC, featuring Clamato juice. With some trepidation, I gave it a try. It was "okay" but definitely looking forward to a proper Bloody back in Delco!

Bike Tour: Enthusiastically recommend HOODOO ADVENTURES and their Kettle Valley Rail Trail tour. Ask for Mike and Curtis; they are GREAT!!!

USAT: Thanks for the support; TEAM USA feel has been special (and the Ramada has been an excellent team hotel).

ITU: Great organization and foresight bringing all these events to one location. If not for the race, we would not have likely ever made a trip to Western Canada (which would have been our loss).

Agreed with all your comments. Have another week of this great place!

Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Packed the bike up tonight. Looking forward to swimming Thursday!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking out my window with the sun coming up a the lake. Going to be a beautiful day for racing. Hope everyone has a great race.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some people need to learn how to get fast enough on the bike to at least suck wheel.....but if you can't keep up even if you are sucking wheel, well.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was easy to spot you out there Dave with the white hat. Good work!
Marty
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [martman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
martman wrote:
It was easy to spot you out there Dave with the white hat. Good work!
Marty

Thanks. Friday is my A race. Will see what happens

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not an official by any stretch of the imagination ,but last year I was out with Sean Clark setting the coarse for the aquathon and the ITU official put the thermostat out about 500 m from shore about 3 ft down. Sean would be able to give greater detail. BTW are you staying with Martman?

"Be your best cheerleader , not your worst critic.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [Kirch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kirch wrote:
I'm not an official by any stretch of the imagination ,but last year I was out with Sean Clark setting the coarse for the aquathon and the ITU official put the thermostat out about 500 m from shore about 3 ft down. Sean would be able to give greater detail. BTW are you staying with Martman?

Who is martman?

If I had to bet, they water will find a way to stay under 22. The ITU started to post it yesterday and had it a 21.6. Will see what they have this morning.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No love for the BikeBarn! - https://www.bikebarn.ca/

Back in the heydays of Ironman Canada in Penticton, the BikeBarn was hailed as not just one of the great bike shops in Canada, but internationally as well. It had a really serious following, and business the week of Ironman Canada was over-the-top!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Made an emergency visit to The Bike Barn when my helmet failed inspection (micro-crack in the foam). Big selection to choose from so no trouble finding something to fit my large melon. They were busy Friday afternoon but lots of helpers so in and out quick.

Last edited by: Hazy: Aug 22, 17 16:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike Barn's the best!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome to hear!

I decided to do race 6 weeks ago! In that time they ordered a project one SC, fitted me, and dialled it in including install disc cover; warrantied my Garmin vectors, and ordered in the bontrager bento box for the top tube!

Top class is Bike Barn!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My power meter quit. I think it got Norwegian rainwater in it that then froze on the plane ride home.
I decided to get a pedal based power meter. I am racing Sunday in penticton.

I contacted several Vancouver and Victoria BC bike stores ( I live on an island between Vancouver and Vancouver island) none could help me out without a lot of logistical issues. I emailed the bike barn on Sunday thinking it was for nothing since they are closed Sunday and Monday. They emailed me today ( Tuesday) said sure they could have the pedals for me when I arrive on Friday! How sweet is that?

bike barn is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hazy wrote:
Made an emergency visit to The Bike Barn when my helmet failed inspection (micro-crack in the foam). Big selection to choose from so no trouble finding something to fit my large melon. They were busy Friday afternoon but lots of helpers so in and out quick.

How do you see a micro crack in foam?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU official stretches the helmet over his knee like he's trying to open a coconut. It was there, just very hard to see without contorting the helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any more updates on the water temperature? Speculation on wetsuit legal or not for the weekend? Will pack my swim skin just in case I guess.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw online that this morning was 22.2, so tri cross no wetsuit. They said cold front is coming through so should drop. Friday is under 1500 meters so cut off is 22C or 71.6F
Sunday is over 1500 meters so cut off is 24.6C or 76.2

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU WC Multisport festival thread [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was measured at 22.1 for Cross Tri this morning.
Don't bring your swim skin, though; you won't be allowed to use it in a non wetsuit race.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply

Prev Next