Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official IMC Thread [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gordo is looking good. G and Jasper Blake have the best run credentials of the men currently sitting in the top 10. As others have said it's a game of patience and then being able to hold a solid pace on the run while others fall apart - not dramatic and not fancy, but it works and it will lead to regular and consistantly good results.

What happened to the video feeds on IMLive. There's only text updates.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I predict that jonnyo hops on a mtn bike at 10k and rides the rest of the run. Not too bad of a race for a guy who has spent four months injured after IMNZ and has only been training for about 6 weeks since then.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm putting $5 on Jazz for a podium spot (again)! Go Jasper.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMLive doesn't list IMC as one of the events they were going to broadcast this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll play...
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [lakercr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lets not forget that Jasper has run 2:51 something on this course before when he was 2nd OV. Who do you want?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [MarkRebuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gordo might be able to put 15 min on most of the guys but to make up 10 on Jasper will be_tough. ALso, isn't du kyle capable of putting together a solid run?

http://j-motrilife.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I didn't see that list. That would explain it

Strange though that they would come to that conclusion since IMC, seems to be perhaps the most popular IM race other than IMH.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Thomas into T2 in 34th place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Gordo has more experience with laying down a fast run on this course. I'll say he closes the significant gap on Jasper by mile 18, and goes ahead around mile 21. Race ends with Gordo ahead.

These are US $, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW what helmet is this:

http://ironman.com/...80e42956eac62f15.jpg

Bell???
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [j-mo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Jasper ran 2:56:30 in Canada, Gordo has run 2:46:09... almost exactly their current differential. I went thru previous results at www.triresults.com, and played the "what if the top 10 all run solid marathons" game. Looks like it could be a great race. I really wish they were webcasting this one!

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a Bell with the ear covers cut off.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [MarkRebuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GO SCOTT CURRY!!!!!. That dude can run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure, USD. I'm very secure with Jasper as my pic. I think Gordo takes less than 4 min out of him.

Mark, he ran 2:56 the last time he did the race, but the year Jazz finished 2nd OV he ran 2:51.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Courtney Ogden looked pretty strong running out of T2 and Bellinda Granger looked really strong early in the run.

Still looking for KHAI!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I really think I could come up with a beter race day coverage plan than the folks at Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is up with the athlete tracker on IMLive. The first time I saw Paul Thomas in the list it had him into T2 34th, the 2nd time it had him 49th, and now he is 60th. I do not understand how they can put out such variations in the data for the same data point in such a short period of time.

Don't they get their information from the chips? Can anyone explain the changes to me?
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i pretty sure this thread has surpassed what's going on over at IMLive in terms of race day coverage.

It's befuddling how a race that is so popular that it necessitates the current registration scheme, isn't deemed popular enough for a more advanced tracking & coverage system. Maybe if the folks at IMNA charged a couple grand for several of the slots they could improve on this. oh wait...
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [go-chu-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jasper is FLYING! Now 30 sec back soon to take the lead.

http://www.rollingthundercananda.com

There are those who try, and those who du, there is no tri, only du

Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [litespeed_smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He now has the lead at 10.5 mile turnaround

http://www.rollingthundercananda.com

There are those who try, and those who du, there is no tri, only du

Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [litespeed_smith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the test is to see how one can handle the hills from the turnaround and the small hills at the 10k through 7k mark (of the out section) on the way back.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I agree with you, I don't even think it would be THAT expensive.

Hell I would volunteer to do play by play and updates like they do for Kona. How much could it really cost over the web? Have 10 volunteer spotters along the way to give you updates. You would need to be able to interview some people during the race.

It could be done and it wouldn't cost them hardly anythign out of pocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I noted earlier it does seem a bit odd, that there is no extraordinary video coverage for IMC. As rough as it is, I really did like what they were doing with this. It was raw, unedited and had a real imediancy about it and harkened back to the days of really live TV.

Fleck

Last edited by: Fleck: Aug 27, 06 13:50
Quote Reply
Re: Official IMC Thread [jern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All they need is a few STers with wireless access and we could feed them reports from the run course. I know where there are 3 or 4 houses we could "borrow" wireless from on the run course.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next