Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Official Cervelo P3X owners thread
Quote | Reply
I could not find an official P3X owners thread so thought I might start one seeing as I have now christened my bike.
I thought we could use this thread as a chance to post pictures, problems, set ups, tweaks etc etc about the bike.
My build:
P3X with the black/red colour way and the 62/48 DT Swiss wheels
Durace 165mm cranks
Favero Assioma Duo power pedals
Ceramic Speed OPWS rear mech
Dash saddle
Swapped out the cervelo armpads to some Profile Design version which locks my arms in a little better.

Other wheels:
Went for some Prime 38mm wheels as a training wheel
Have some Parcours 77mm and rear disc for racing

Issues to date:
The Di2 junction box is well hidden in the storage area. I actually broke the plastic housing putting it back in there when I went to charge it and had to order a new one. It does seem a bit out of step with the rest of the integration of the bike. Does anyone have any tips on how to best set up the junction box in there for easy access? I do want to fine tune my Di2 shifting in the coming rides....

First ride:
Was really impressed with its speed on the flats and the downhills....absolutely creamed some other riders in these aspects.....however....felt like it was pretty darn heavy when it came to some hills. Granted I know it is not the best bike for hills and there were pretty short and sharp....I am hoping with a few more rides I will get a clearer picture of how it handles some uphills...

Will post pictures soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P3X owners thread [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for starting this! I am currently awaiting arrival of my new P3x!! Super excited!!!
I'm on the waiting list for the new Favero duo pedals. Most likely ordering Enve 7.8's this week.
The Di2 issue is good to know for sure!
Excited to start working on/modifying it!
I was wondering if there has been any problems with putting the P3x on a trainer. From the looks of it the P5x has been fine.?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cervelo P3X owners thread [Nick-o-time] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick-o-time wrote:
Thank you for starting this! I am currently awaiting arrival of my new P3x!! Super excited!!!
I'm on the waiting list for the new Favero duo pedals. Most likely ordering Enve 7.8's this week.
The Di2 issue is good to know for sure!
Excited to start working on/modifying it!
I was wondering if there has been any problems with putting the P3x on a trainer. From the looks of it the P5x has been fine.?

Congrats on the purchase! I am super happy with mine. Have already set some massive PBs in training with it!!
I considered the ENVE wheels as well, the stock DT Swiss ones are pretty good (I have the 62/48, the lower spec version not so much for racing though).
I have only put my bike on the trainer to dial in the fit a bit. It is a bit of a pain as I had to convert the Neo over to thru axle and I am new to thru axle's and stuff, so not sure I was doing it right. It was OK, I am just not 100% sure I did it right so went back to my other bike for the trainer for now and just using the P3X on the road.
I can't report any other issues besides my own self induced one! I will say, every ride I do outside I get feedback from people about how amazing the bike looks. Am super happy with it. Wish there were races I could race with it!
Quote Reply