Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Off-season planning for the BIG SNIP
Quote | Reply
OK, So it's time for my family and me to make the completely fearful decision to get a vasectomy. All my friends have done it around March Madness to stay home for a day or two and watch basketball. Well, I don't really want to take any time off training in march as I build for a spring race. So, how long have you guys been out of cycling/running after the SNIP? I want to do the 100/100 challenge this year and also have a fall trip to Colorado where I want to do some big rides with my wife. So thinking early November if I can be ready to run for the start of 100/100?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/23685202
Quote Reply
Re: Off-season planning for the BIG SNIP [TriRugby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I don't remember the year I had mine done but I do remember it was the day before Thanksgiving. A quick check of Garmin in the 2-3 years it could have been shows a max gap of like 10 days between runs in that timeframe. You should definitely be ready for 100 / 100 if you do it in early November.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was about 10 days off the bike and run for me. First run back was leisurely and by day 14-15, it was training as normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it right after my A race a few years ago. I think the key is that you really need to do absolutely nothing for several days (like sitting on the couch all day long nothing, other than icing your nards), and then you'll probably be good to start easing back into biking and running after about a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had it done on a Friday and was back on the bike 9 days later. Running actually felt worse than riding and I think was 2 full weeks before I ran, and probably 3-4 weeks before everything felt 100% normal again. I agree that early November is plenty of time to be ready for 100/100.
Quote Reply