Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Off-road Triathlons
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a good source of finding off-road triathlons? I picked up a MTB last fall wanting to get into off-road tris, but the closest one to me XTERRA Syracuse looks to have been removed from their schedule. I have looked here on slowtwitch, trifind, etc. but have not been able to find a solid source of locating races. I'm in the northeast and would love to do something this fall if anyone has any resources of finding races, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Off-road Triathlons [macwhinb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xterra Planet is the best place. If you're near Syracuse, you're pretty much SOL for this season. All of the races were pretty much in May - July for the Northeast. Several from August, Appalachia and Syracuse, weren't run this year. The only 2 remotely near NY are Xterra Tremblant on 9/8 and Xterra Ft. Custer in Michigan on 9/29. There are a couple of kayak/mtb/run events left, if you can live without the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Off-road Triathlons [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
offpiste.reese wrote:
Xterra Planet is the best place. If you're near Syracuse, you're pretty much SOL for this season. All of the races were pretty much in May - July for the Northeast. Several from August, Appalachia and Syracuse, weren't run this year. The only 2 remotely near NY are Xterra Tremblant on 9/8 and Xterra Ft. Custer in Michigan on 9/29. There are a couple of kayak/mtb/run events left, if you can live without the swim.

That's what I've gathered for the Xterra series, was hoping there were other options out there. Do you know if Syracuse not being run this year was a one off or is it gone forever?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend contacted Syracuse Bike, who ran the Syracuse race, in February and this is what they said: "Thanks for your email The 2019 Syracuse Xterra will not be happening at this point. If something is to change, we will update the website and notify you via email. "

So, not sure if it's a 1 year hiatus or it's done. I think the Appalachia race is done. It didn't happen in 2017 and then last year it was a mess, the bike course was 4 miles too long, run was 2.5 times as long as it was supposed to be. It didn't go this year, I think the race got bad reviews with Xterra and either the RD got mad and decided not to run it or Xterra wouldn't give it's stamp of approval.

Pickings are slim, especially if you don't like early season races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a website - dirttri.com - that has some interesting stuff on it too.
Quote Reply