Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ugh... it was so friggin cold this morning, heater was broken. greg got us in the water and made us go the whole time pretty much, which i was grateful for.

main set:
6x400's @:15-ish rest, fastest pace possible
5:24, 5:19, 5:14, 5:13, 5:13... then... ... 5:21 :( haha!

the cold water was miserable but made me feel invincible pace-wise!

Total: 4000scm

-Jason
Quote | Reply
Not sure if I should post here or the strange denizens. My family was a bit stir crazy due to staying in the house for the last 36+ hours due to Sandy, so when my wife suggested we take the kids to the gym pool and I could swim I was in. I don't normally swim at that gym pool because they keep the water warm and it is mostly very slow people swimming. Today didn't disappoint. My two lane mates today were breastrokers doing >2 minute 50 pace. That appeared to be the "fast lane", although there was one other frustrated looking triathlete trying to share a different lane with two even slower swimmers. It was hard to do much structured since I was spending most of the time turning around and reswimming a lap to avoid my lanemates or swimming around them, but at the very end they left and I got a little work in before needing to help out with the kids. Despite my whining, it was awesome to leave the house and get some swimming in!

~500 yd kick
~1000 free
4x50 @:50
4x100 @1:30
Quote Reply
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good on ya for getting in a swim during a national disaster!

this evenings slog,

~300 wu
6x200IM @ 3:15 desc by 3 (slow ~3:05, fast~2:54)
50-100-150-200-250-300-300-250-200-150-100-50 ladder @ 1:30 base interval
200IM cd

~3800scy

------------------------------------------------------------
some days you're the windshield some days the bug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tired arms this AM.
4 mi run
3000 yd swim - easy 50s, 100s, 150s
40 min. stairmaster

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
tired arms this AM
I bet. What an amazing October swim you've had! Congrats TC.

No swim for me this AM. But, I did run yesterday about 4 & 1/4 miles - an up and back, uphill and downhill, about 9:00 pace up and 7:00 pace back. Happy about that!
No lunch workout today because of company potluck and costume contest. Our group will all be zombies of various sorts. One woman is Little Red Riding Hood, but she didn't escape the wolf. I'm going to probably cause a stir as I will be Zombie Lance, complete with syringes hanging off my arms. A few guys here are diehard tour fans - they will not be amused.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another overly complex one...

2x(100 fr, 100 drill, 100 k, 100 pull)
4x25 drill fr
10x50 fr @:50
4x25 drill br
8x50 br @1:05
4x25 drill bk
6x50 bk @:55
4x25 drill fly
4x50 fly @1:00
10x{ 75@1:15, 25 sprint@:40} odds IM, evens fr
3600 scy

Fun to do so much stroke work even though I'm still pretty pathetic at it.
Quote Reply
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had fun working out yesterday with the UCSD tri team. Swimming in a pool is still a bit foreign to me (as are turns) but it's a fun change!

300 warmup
8x50 on :50
6x100 on 1:40
8x50 on :50
3x100 on 1:40

2100 scy

The numbers aren't too impressive, but I'm stoked that my swim form has gone from horrendous to just: bad.

-----------------------
My Science Blog
"The only fair race is the race against the clock" -Anquetil

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did time trials 3 weeks ago to set a mark for improvement. I did them again on Sunday and dropped 10s off the 300, 7s off the 200, and 10s off the 100! Here were the times before/after
300: 3:45/3:35
200:2:30/2:23
100: 1:15/1:05
Quote Reply
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [louiscc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll count this for October, since I will probably take the rest of the week (or two) off.

swim split from Austin 70.3 Sunday: 24:24. Would have come out of the water ahead of Macca, but well behind Potts, B. Marsh, and couple other pros. Water felt great (wetsuit legal), but the air temp was in the 40's.

PS- I'm never doing that race again. The cops were actually stopping folks on the bike course to let traffic out. That's not good enough for a WTC race that costs as much as it does. There is also a section where the bikers are supposed to be restricted to just the shoulder, which means no safe passing area. I had to slow down and sit up because I was behind a truck that was let on the course, and couldn't or was afraid to get around some slower bikers.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the 3k TT? I think I missed something

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have not missed it, you have until nov 15th to do the 3000SCY tt. It is a masters postal swim meet, so you grab someone to get your splits, send in the time with a few bucks, and they rank you in your AG across the country. WIth your grinder attitude, you should do really well at this event. Oh ya, you can do a 6000 too!! Check out the masters swimming website..
Quote Reply
Re: October Swim Boasts.. ummm, I mean Posts [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
500 mix swim/kick
8x25@30 IM order by 2s
8x25@25 free
100 kick easy
4x 50@60 drill IM order

12 x 75 @ 1:10 ((1:12/100 pace)

2100 SCM

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply

Prev Next