Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT Cable + Internet
Quote | Reply
ok...hardly watch TV...paying $120 a month for internet + cable TV with road runner...what's the best deal out there?
Quote Reply
Re: OT Cable + Internet [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i am sure direcTV and yahoo DSL is cheaper than that, but i don't know where you live.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're with you in this house, Francois. We hardly watch TV. We have a bundled Verizon fiber optic phone/cell/cable/internet package that is running us ~$180. Cable is ~$79 but dropping it means losing the bundle "savings"...all in all dropping cable is a net $60 savings for us. I told the wife she's free to drop it in August...AFTER the TdF!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois. I recently had the same problem. I called Road Runner (TWC) and told them I would be dropping cable TV and internet and going to DSL and Dish since their pricing was so much better. TWC reduced my TV and internet fees by over 50% (from over $100/month to $45/month) for six months and gave me premium channels and another TV box with digital recorder at no extra charge.

Give it a try, all they can say is no.
Quote Reply
Re: OT Cable + Internet [Bernie S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, this was my thought precisely...and it's just a 'fake'...sure don't want to get rid of OLN today for pretty much the only thing I watch on TV!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We cut the cord years ago. Just have over the air TV. and DSL cost $14.95 / month.

Ya it would be nice to have OLN, but I'll go ride and check the web for updates.

Still amazed when I hear cable prices these days. I dont know how people do it. $100 plus a month for cable/internet $30/month for cell phone and $300/month for a car lease. Where do they get the cash for that? Must be why both parents have to work.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: OT Cable + Internet [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just cheked and DSL + DirecTV in my area goes for under $50 a month...RoadRunner better do something otherwise, it's cancelled...and DirecTV now has OLN...

$130 a month is a joke! man, we don't even watch TV...

for $130 we can go 7 times to the movie per month with my wife watch what we want and still have the extra for DSL...
Quote Reply