Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT - OphtHalmologists racing IMFL?
Quote | Reply
I have just torn a contact lense and haven't renewed my presc. yet...
if anyone racing is an ophthalmologist and can bring a bausch & Lomb Soflens 59, -4.50 (and that's the GOOD eye...) so I have a spare, just in case, it would be great...I'd pay for it of course...
Last edited by: Francois: Nov 1, 05 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't you just call your Dr and have them renew it so you can go locally and get it? Just make an appointment and tell them you are in FLA and are in need, it is an emergency
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called...doesn't want to do it without a visit... :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you just go down to the supermarket and get yourself some coke bottles?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois,

You might want to try an optometrist's office in the area. If you physically drop in they might give you a trial lens from their stock if you plead your case well enough. I do it all the time for summer travellers up here but maybe I'm just a soft touch. Make sure you bring in your prescription or the box that the contact came in so they know exactly what you need (they are less likely to trust your memory despite your genius status around here).

Wish I could help out but BC is a long way from Fla. Good luck.

robert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois:

Send a PM to FlaJill. She seems to know the area pretty well and may know someone. There is an opthalmologist on Hwy 98 in the professional building just east of Sandestin.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [Trey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alas, eye doc isn't an area I can really offer a rec. I used to just hit my old eye doctor in Michigan when I was up there because I'd been with him for 25+ years, and he really knew what was going on with my weird and severe vision problems. Unfortunately, he retired last spring, and I'm now looking for someone down here myself.

If you don't need anything fancy, there's a Lenscrafters near Ft. Walton Beach in Mary Esther over by Santa Rosa Mall, a Perle Vision in Destin at the intersection of US 98 and Danny Wuerffel, (the street, not the football player) and another Perle Vision somewhere over by Panama City Mall.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will try that...and someone offered to bring a disposable one...so I should be fine.
thanks all.
you really can get anything you want here...contacts with no prescription, drugs with no prescription (email desert_dude...hehehe...although his comp. doesn't make epo I think...), how to fix the AC, how to get a green card...

ST should replace wikipedia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
O-p-h-t-h-a-l-m-o-l-o-g-i-s-t.......
Just a pet peeve.
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmmm...not sure why there would be an H after the t...it's obviously the same etymology in french and english...yet there is no second h in english...anyway...point taken. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually...now it's bloody hard to pronouce ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember a time when you were glad I could get you a prescription for some good stuff without an official Dr. visit!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: OT - Ophtalmologists racing IMFL? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You bet! That prevacid stuff works great man!!! it keeps lactic acid down...
awesome stuff! Can't believe it's legal! ;-)
hehe
Quote Reply