Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: mp3 playback
Quote | Reply
Just rippped some cd's to the computer for the first time. No problems there. On playback I seem to be getting a lot of static and "pop" on my little (old) computer speakers. It continues after I shut down the media player so it is evidently interference from the computer coming over the speakers. Is this common? will a new pair of speakers solve this or is it a computer issue? Speakers are ancient Labtec CS-150 computer speakers that require 2 c batteries to run. Maybe a antique dealer knows something about these? :-)

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: OT: mp3 playback [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
new computer speakers are very, very cheap. if that's the problem, pick up a set?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: mp3 playback [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats the problem, I don't know if it is the speakers or my computer. I don't recall having this problem with the old computer.

Jim

Quote Reply
Re: OT: mp3 playback [Jim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the static happens at other times, your speakers could be old and fried, and/or the cable(s) could be shorting. It is really hard to conclude more than that at a distance.... hope that helps.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: mp3 playback [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decided to plug the head phones in instead, found that the speakers were not plugged in all the way, problem solved, operator error. Will still get new ones as these will not go loud enough to "Jam".

Jim

Quote Reply