Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan".
Quote | Reply
I watched the movie "Swimfan" again last night for the first time since I orginally saw it. I have to update my opinion:

It is really quite good. Much better than "Fatal Attraction", much better.

First, it is a pretty accurate depiction of psycho-chickdom. It spins out of control at the end to include murder, etc, but that isn;t much of a stretch. When I first saw the movie in the theater I saw it with a chick nearly identical to the psycho character in the movie. Totally controlling, totally manipulative, totally into invading your privacy and personal stuff- she went thorugh my cell phone call lists, e-mail, searhced my house when I wasn't there, even had secret "interviews" with my mother to get information.

Anyway. Total Psycho.

Erika Christensen is resplendid in this. Marvelously acted and she is very, very beautiful. So, the film is kind of worth a look. It isn't a masterpiece, but its good, and the close ups of Erika Christensen (Madison Belle) are breathtaking. Her eyes, nose cheeks and lips are devastating.

A good snapshot into the psycho girlfriend.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom - Just curious, but did your girlfriend at the time notice any similarities between herself and the movie? Do these women understand what they're doing and how destructive their behavior is?

D.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. She just railed on me because, without me even saying anything, she could tell I thought the girl in the movie was cute. She made no connection between her behavior and the character in the movie. None. Even though she had done some of the same things.

Matter of fact, she just railed on me with questions like, "What would you have done if you were in his ("Ben", character in the movie) position?"

Seeing it with her was intensely uncomfortable, as were many experiences. She searched my house once when I wasn;t home and found some pictures of an old girlfriend. Holy Shit. Total Jihad. And, I mean, these pictures were like, totally put away. I forget I even had them. I just get this call at work and she is like, "We need to talk about something...." all stern. Insane.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are interested in another psychochickflick, check out "Play Misty for Me" with Clint Eastwood

"I did it becasue I LOVE YOU!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh, Tom. Come here for a sec. Hey man I gotta tell ya, hold on...(someone walks by. Tibbs wait for them to be around the corner.)...uh yeah, uh. Look if you have a constant stream of freaks then problem is with you for finding them. Hey just let ya know because I love ya. You can't trust yourself. Go back to therapy.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a constant stream Tibbs. Just one.

You know what they say about one bad apple....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ever thought it was your taste in movies?

Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two things in my defense, Swimfan and Titanic. I don't even want to know how bad you cried at the end of The Bridges of Madison county, also don't tell me about the 4 stars you gave the book on Amazon.

Watch Hot Shots and Blazing Saddles, realize I am right then send me some old school Time pedals and new brake lever for my P3.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on Tom, so how did your story end? You know, how'd you escape? :-D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom for the update, I can understand ,under the circumstances that you saw it in the first instance, that you may have had a different opinion now! boy, you must have been a real shit in a former life because you have had some majorly horrific experiences in this!

I need all the film recommendations I can get in this time of enforced rest. Oh, by the way no sign of my parcel as yet.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, after pretty much compromising every aspect of my life for her, she dumped me. After cheating on me for a while. Quite a while. With a friend.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quite the lady, then!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, it was two weeks after my best friend was killed by a drunk driver too. Her reaction to his death, and this is a direct quote- I am neither embellishing or fabricating here: "Maybe it will be good for our relationship."

She told me that in her own kitchen. I was so utterly shocked I was literally speechless. I didn;t even respond I swas so stunned she was serious. My best friend dies, and she says, "Maybe it will be good for our relationship."

That pretty much speaks for itself.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'e not telling us you broke your P3 already? Or did you crash?

Quote Reply
I've got some old Time's . . . [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 . . . if you're interested. The old Equipe's, well used but still working fine, cleats included. I've got a couple of diff. sets, so if you want them, I'll dig them up and give you more details, all in the name of TSR!

T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Maybe it will be good for our relationship."

Oh my God. Congrats for being rid of her.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the levers doesn't work too well and me and a couple of shops can't fix it. No worries though, I have a P3. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need brakes, didn't you know they actually slow you down!

Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never looked at it like that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
& you the master of reverse thinking, wow!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You crazy GI!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Note to Rat:

Although Tom sems to know what he's talking about in regards to bikes, never take his advice on:

1) Movies

2) Women

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: OT: jk_allen13; I'm changing my tune on "Swimfan". [BallPrkRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don;t agree with #1, but #2 is cast in stone.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you trust titanium axles? I've got two pair of Time Equipe Pedals with your name on them.

You name is Time right?

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply

Prev Next