Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: Why I don't like Clubs
Quote | Reply
I don't usually go to clubs, but since my friend was having her party in one I decided to go with a couple of friends.

Even though we bought tickets earlier, we still had to stand 40 minutes outside just to get in. There were so many people who I didn't even know (like 18-21 yos that come to a 16-17 party), it was really annoying with all the pushing and yelling.

When we got in the music was pretty good for the first 2 hours or so, but then they changed DJs and the 2nd one sucked. He played a lot of trance songs with a slow, loud beat. What kind of music is that?

The thing that I hated the most was the smoke. I didn't know there were so many people my age who smoked. I'd say it was 50% smoke 50% air in there.

The only good side (except that I had some fun) was that my legs got a really good workout. My muscles are hurting today!

Oh yeah the drinks were really expensive (the equivalent of around 2.5 dollars for a small bottle of water, and 3 for a small glass of coke). They were serving alcohol too but I didn't drink any.
Last edited by: freestyle: Feb 4, 05 3:30
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Why I don't like Clubs [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but get to the real important information. Did they play Chemical Brothers - Galvanize!? :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...all I have to say is get used to it. If, when, you go to college - even the bars on your campus will have long lines to get in....

You need to either 1) know the bouncers or 2) know how much it takes to skip the line.

...or, skip the clubs all together and get a good night sleep so you can ride in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Why I don't like Clubs [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes, but get to the real important information. Did they play Chemical Brothers - Galvanize!? :-)

I love Chemical Bro's I'm listing to "work it out" very cool!

Quote | Reply
Ah young Freestyler... welcome to the ways of the world.

You seemed to have learnt your first lesson well. Here are some more lessons on how to have great nights.

1) The best ones are unplanned (the fact that you had to buy tickets in advance should have set alarm bells ringing.) - just let it happen - the more planning, the bigger the anticipation, the bigger the disapointment. This leads on to the following points...

2) You will usually have a good night if you go out wearing shorts - reason being - the kind of establishment that will let you in wil not be full of pretentious wankers.

3) At college/uni the best nights are when you end up at the party still with your back pack and text books - we used to finish friday afternoon with an anatomy lab (poking around with dead bodies) then it was straight to the pub to get the weekend started.

4) Nine times out of ten stop drinking fairly early - you need a blow out occasionaly but the hang over just ain't worth it.

5) New Years eve is of course the worst night of the year - refer back to point 1.

6) Move to New Zealand - they just banned smoking in bars and clubs!

Good luck in your hunt for the perfect night out. My holy grail was in a local night club in Kenya - a group of us who were on a fitness camp there went in wearing scruffy board shorts, sandals and beach shirts - drank a few beers with the locals at about 50 cents ago and then proceeded to rock the place till dawn with the whole crowd laughing and smiling like 1 big happy family as the DJ played some great music. - Suffice to say after a few more beers I was doing my trade mark backspins on the dance floor and they only come out on very special occasions.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Why I don't like Clubs [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah they did and I immediatly thought of you lol
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Why I don't like Clubs [Diamond Adam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
6) Move to New Zealand - they just banned smoking in bars and clubs!
Or California or Mass. They both have no-smoking laws in bars/clubs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The smoke kills me. I have to be in the mood for this, and that is rare. Even when I was in a band I showed up, sound checked, and came back when we went on. I don't like drunk people, bars and smoke.

Once in a while though, you just cut loose and it is pretty fun. About once every two years.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Why I don't like Clubs [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The worst part is that today when I blow my nose I can still smell the smoke *argh*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
personally, the club scene can be fun if it's a good club. the right music, the right scene, the right people. not everyone is for you.

maybe you're a person who prefers a bar atmosphere where there is some music and more of a mix--not necessarily all focused around a huge dancefloor.

paying 3.00 for coke sucks indeed. college should be a much better scene for you. there will be all kinds of atmospheres.

the "get picked up and look like a whore" type of place never appealed to me. so superficial and the people are all into themselves....booooooring. zzzzz. give me killer beer, some good booze, live music, or a great jukebox with some cool people and a pool table--yeah, that's much better.

you just have a different style, that's all.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Why I don't like Clubs [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, but did you still dress like a whore?

I like going out to parties and dancing, but the smoke killed it for me. Outdoor parties are much better.
Quote Reply