Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: Who has the Heraclites quote in their signature?
Quote | Reply
That is an awesome quote, so true. I haven't heard that in 17 years. Something to the effect of (loosely recalling here):

"Of 100 men, 10 do not belong there, 80 are as targets, 9 are considered fighters and 1 is a warrior."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who has the Heraclites quote in their signature? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"Of every one hundred men they send me, eighty of them are nothing but targets and ten more should not even be here. Of the ten that are left, nine of them are real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah but the one, one of them is a warrior and he I must find for he will bring the others back and he the battle wins.
Heraclites 500 B.C,
Roman Legion - Training and Battle Commander

This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on? Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who has the Heraclites quote in their signature? [scrivs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. Perfect.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Who has the Heraclites quote in their signature? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that similar to the modern running version which is "of 10 men on the starting line, 7 hope they are going to win, 2 think they are going to win and one knows he is going to win".........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a quote from Herodotus on my desk at work that I direct my boss tov frequently:

"This is the bitterest pain amonst men, to have much knowledge but no power".

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply