Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

OT: Snoring
Quote | Reply
I have a problem - I'm keeping my wife awake because I snore! Obviously, I am not an over-weight beer drinking guy but I don't have the best nose and need to breathe through my mouth. Any solutions? And don't even suggest sleeping in separate beds - my wife is hot!

ST know everything
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Snoring [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
- my wife is hot!
Then why are you sleeping? Oh...and sleep on your side, with a nose strip, and that thing that you can put in your mouth to hold your tounge...multi stage solution

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can have cartilage removed and your turbinates cauterized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anti Snore (Stop Snoring) Pillow The snore prevention pillow has arrived! No guarantees but this product works for 90% of snorers. Specially designed head rest which keeps air ways open to reduce snoring whether sleeping on side front or back. In built support roll for neck support. Standard pillow size. Anti-allergy cover. Ideal present. Use smiling face up (you'll understand when the product arrives!)
If the item you order is in stock, your goods will be despatched the same or next working day. Manufacturer: mr pillow Similar products:

Click on the Category below:
Xmas Presents Pillows
Price in GBP:
£29.99
Quantity: You can always remove products from your basket later.

Guide prices for information only:
Euros: € 44.32
US Dollars: $ 54.60
Email this Product to a Friend Add to Favourites
Bookmark This Product
Supplier Information: Mr Pillow Telephone Orders: 08700 27 34 34

Product Ref: 244/1584485/stop snoring/anti snore pillow

http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/...g+pillow&cid=244

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it just snoring? are you sleepy during the day? wake up several times a night?

I had the same problem. At the time my wife worked at a sleep disorders lab and borrowed some testing equipment. based on those results I went in for a "real" test and was diagnosed with sleep apnea; snoring is a possible indication of this. We tried a CPAP mask (a mask with Constant Positive Air Pressure) that blows into your nose to keep the airway from collapsing (which would have prevent the snoring, among other things), but I couldn't sleep with it. Eventually had surgery to remove my tonsils and some excess soft tissue from my palate. I no longer snore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have your doctor set you up with a sleep study. You will go to a sleep lab and send the night. They will monitor your sleep and find out what is going on. They migh want to try what is called a CPAP on you. That is a mask that goes over your nose a provides a continuis flow of air that keeps you breating passages open and kills any snoring.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have your adenoids taken out.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no solutions, but if you figure anything out, please post! My husband's snoring drives me crazy!

Maybe I'll get him that anti-snore pillow for Christmas :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I snore only when I sleep on my back or if I've had too much beer. If I'm on my back, my wife will shove me over. If I've had too much beer, I plan ahead and sleep in the guestroom ... if she "needs" me she knows where to find me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tell wife to sleep with a pillow on her head like mine does or get used to the sofa like I prefer.

Re: OT: Snoring [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dont have any alergies but the doctor gave me a nose mist called rhinocort no side effects for me and it stopped my snoring dead have told 4 couples about this and it has worked for them as well.

ken
trying to act like a runner
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Snoring [drdivot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a cortisone spray that opens up the nasal passages and sinuses. Great stuff and very helpful.

Quote | Reply
Hold your breath when sleeping.

(joking).

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do the same and they get used to it;) I am told that when I sleep on my side it stops and it is only when I am on my back, but I sleep on my back much of the time. I sleep well so no issue there but I do have sinus issues too. You could try a spray but I wouldn't get cut on because of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad had a sleep study done and because of all of his snoring, he was only getting 45 minutes of actual sleep a night.

He sleeps with an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose now and no more snoring and tons more sleep.

Of course, he is a member of the "don't tell me cigarettes are bad" club. idiot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my wife is hot!

I am surprised it made it this far but we need pictures so we can judge for ourselves.

My brother has sleep apnea also. He was amazed at how much better he felt after using that mask thingymajob(sp)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And don't even suggest sleeping in separate beds - my wife is hot!

SRQ_3sport has a point ... whatthefuck difference does THAT make!!!

When I'm ASLEEP, your wife is hot, his wife is hot, ... even MY wife is hot ... but if you're keeping yours up with your snoring, she'll either suggest that you sleep elsewhere or she may ... and not necessarily at YOUR house.

Unless your snoring while you're ... well that's a whole different problem. Once you're done, you can (and as a man, SHOULD) sleep anywhere you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surgey is hit or miss. A lot of the time I did sleep research I was hooking people up eith CPAP machines who already had the surgies. Try the CPAP first. You can always take the mask off but the cutting lasts a life time.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply