OT: Quick Poll
Quote | Reply
Howard Stern - love or hate

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Quick Poll [Foolish Tri Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, being the type of person who is presumed to hate Howard Stern (mid thirties, Mom, lawyer) hereby profess my LOVE of that show !!!

I listen to it every morning on the way in ... if it gets too gross I switch the station, that's why God created the dial !!!

Tri Hard !

Tri Hard !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I check and see what he's up to every morning. If its funny I listen, if not I switch to the sports radio. This morning didn't seem funny and Michael Jordan's college B-Ball coach was on sports radio so I listened to that. Sometimes I laugh all the way to work with Howard on the radio.

------------------------------------------------------------

"He broke into the long easy lope, and went on, hour after hour, never at loss for the tangled way, heading straight home through strange country with a certitude of direction that put man and his magnetic needle to shame."

-Call of the Wild
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am indifferent.

I used to think HS was hilarious... Years ago, I listened for a few months, and realized the shows were basically always the same... week in and week out. It got to the point where it just wasn't funny to me anymore.

EDIT

I have to admit that the one HS show I'll never forget was when some lady professing to be a therapist calls in (I forget what prompted the call... something degrading to women, I'm sure) and basically tries to "help" Howard with his "problems." Twenty minutes later, she's in tears crying about how he's ruined her practice because no one will take her seriously after the ass-whipping he gave her. All I could think thorughout the whole exchange was "Lady, just hang up the damn phone!"

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Last edited by: steveperx: Jan 26, 05 8:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love. But I do miss Jackie.

I think he needs a new Newman, i.e., a nemesis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no worse than anything else

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When Stern goes to Sirius, I see a lot of construction, landscaping, painting & siding, and auto repair, not getting done.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love

But, the show was taken off the air here in central PA a month ago, so I'm going through withdrawl!!!

One thing I can't stand is we he goes off on his self-loving rants...

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he's great.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Quick Poll [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love Stern, don't know what I am going to do next year when he goes to Sirius, as we can't get it in Canada yet.

And yeah, I miss Jackie (Hey that's funny!!!) Artie is great, but nothing comes close to listening to Fred and Jackie rip on each other, or Robin and Jackie ripping on each other. Howard made a big mistake letting him go, and Jackie is an asshole for wanting too much money. I would be surprised if he was making 1/10 of what he was taking in on the show. Then again, he can always sell his jettie.

And how come they haven't played the homeless game in awhile? That was one of the funniest bits, esp when they were betting

And Bababooie to you all.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like him about half the time.......

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't stand him. Mostly because he NEVER lets anybody else finish a sentence!

Howard: Hey Dave tell about that chick in your dressing room

Dave: Well we were about to...

Howard: Shut up you idiot, your full of it

Used to drive me around the bend. I tried to see if he would ever let someone finish a complete thought but after awhile I gave up. Fortunately, He's gone and Derringer's back in the morning with Music! Sorry Mark, Q is way better without him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The adolescent in me loves him. The mature, responsible adult in me (I'm a parent of a 16 yr old son) hates the influence he may have on impressionable minds. (Had the word young in there, but took it out).

PS my shoulders better and I was able to swim 1200 yds yesterday.

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's Howard Stern?

Just kidding. Kinda indifferent since I've only watched his show a few times.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Quick Poll [Chuck M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chuck

Awesome on the sholder - back in the pool is good - let me know when you want to talk.

rob

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neither. Yes, I do listen to him and he can be very funny and get some guests to loosen up with some "interesting" questions, and some of his shtick can be hilarious...but he can also be a pompous ass sometimes---but I supposed he's earned that right. He was an original and in some ways is still very original...don't know that I would go as far as to get "eh-eh-eh" (how he references satellite radio on his show now for fear of retribution) when the move does come, but we'll see...
Quote Reply
Re: OT: Quick Poll [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HS is dicy - one day it's great and the next it will suck. What I can't figure out is how is Sirius paying him $100million / year? If they do 250 shows a year (which I doubt they do) that would equate to $400,000 per show. The only way I can figure it is if he pays out of his salary the rest of the gang. It just doesn't make sense to me? It's almost as bad as the professional sport salaries.

Randymar - funny you said that about the work stopages. I used to run a landscape company and I had one crew that would sit in the truck and listen to HS when it was good for a couple of hours straight. I miss those headaches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He sucks. There's nothing special about what he does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply