Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ON Cloud running shoes
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking to giving On's a try; does anyone have any experience with them? If Yes, which model?
Quote Reply
Re: ON Cloud running shoes [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Cloudrunner is the best, I think. It's kinda feels like a newton but has "lugs" on the heel as well.
Quote Reply
Re: ON Cloud running shoes [spire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried these shoes and they really aggravated my Achilles. I had an Achilles injury over the summer and took off three months. About two months after my return to running, I decided to give these a try. Got about two miles in them before my Achilles started to ache.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the racers. they are okay- they run small and are on the narrow side. I usually run in 9.5 in brooks pure flows, newtons, etc and went with a 9 here. I use them mostly for short stuff as I find them too narrow for me for longer runs. Other than the fit, they are well designed, work well without socks, and seem to be holding up well.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trithink wrote:
I'm thinking to giving On's a try; does anyone have any experience with them? If Yes, which model?

one of the best shoes ive ever ran in. got them about 2 months ago (racers), don't run in them every day (use kinvaras on and off)
they are FAST!!! I've gone out on tempo runs where I hit close to my race pace and I PRd in 13.1 wearing them the first week.
they do run narrow but I like it.
Quote Reply
Re: ON Cloud running shoes [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did not like them….seemed unstable (the surfers…the racers may be better because you are lower to the ground, but they don't fit my feet correctly). If the road is slick….look out. Felt very good when I tried them in the store…..2 runs in, and I put them on the shelf…where they have been for the last 9 months.
Quote Reply
Re: ON Cloud running shoes [NeverEnough]p [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they are size 10 send them to me lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have The Cloud. I tried training in them but got little pains here and there. Foot tendinitis being the worse. Tried different lace threading but could not continue as a trainer. However, for racing they are light light light and that makes me faster. So i use them for racing only. I call it a compromise.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Cloudracers as my go-to shoe for 5k and 10k races and interval workouts. However, I might not go back to them once they wear out.

They feel great on pavement, awesome road feeling, light and fast. But... I've purchased 1500v2 since then as a half marathon / 70.3 shoe, and I have a feeling I'll just use the 1500 for everything. The Cloudracer doesn't seem to bring me anything the 1500 isn't giving me, I fear the short life that other have reported (they seem fine for me, but I can see then failing instantly due to the lugs), they aren't easy to find and they are pricey. On the plus side though, beside the lugs, the construction is extremely solid.

And they are a great conversation starter ;)

If I can get ~600km life out of them, I might keep them in my rotation. Otherwise, scales will tip toward NB for me.
Quote Reply