Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many years ago, a young Michael Bakker summoned Satan and said - "I'll do anything to win Tetsuoni's money."
Satan said "done" then handed ML a mirror. Resisting the urge to throw himself from the top of Mohonk Tower, ML has gone on to never be out of the top 4 of any AZ race he has entered and has even won the Long Course.
Here's a shot of what the riders saw cycling out of transition:

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cyclocross skills came in handy on that dirt hill going in and out of transition. Of course, had JM been racing, he would have walked any techical sections, so as not to soil his kit (in more ways than one).

I took everything I brought to the race and threw it down on the lawn and hosed it down to get most of the mud off.
Was even smart and lubed the chain.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KAlber wrote:
my achilles is killing me on my left leg but at least my IT band is equally sore on the right!!! (reminds me of ace ventura 2: throw me the spear...throw me the other spear. ahhhhh!!!! ahhhhh!!!!!).

It's really too bad Chris Wilhelm broke his chain on the first bike loop. Got to give the guy credit...after hitching a ride back to the pavillion, he went for another run (not sure if he did 1 or 2 more loops...probably 2 knowing him). However, he really liked the event and plans on coming back next year.

The F1 is just brutal. I can't imagine doing the long course.

He ran 2 loops for fun. Interesting choice.

Well, the whole running over to your house to get my car thing was not as bad as I thought. The first 5 minutes were touch and go and then things started to loosen up. Better yet just as I got into the car it started pouring. Have had enough running in the race for a while, glad I missed some today.
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had enough of running in the rain?
But you look so happy here:

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an AmZof newbie, I want to extend a well done to the bagpiper RD and the crew of staff/volunteers/racers/carnies that put on this Sufferfest. I was wrangled into this event by some smooth talking, beer smuggling Canucks (CeeCee + Kathy) that are willing to drive 10 hours……so who am I to forego a 2 hr trek? Love the mud and rain as it adds a layer of honor to the HTFU protocol. A monster salute to the F1, LCC, and ITT folks. That be a long(er) day!!! Props on the entire day and the relaxed and engaging gazebo fare. I understand there are some incredible views to be had on a clear day……alas I shall return next year to suffer willingly. That climb out of the preserve is a first class B*tch! Thanks again.

PS: On the Kathy sneaking a peek up the kilt, "It looked like a penis, only smaller..."

Last edited by: Trihumor: May 16, 11 10:42
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was also a first-timer yesterday and had a blast on the LC. By far the hardest race I've ever done and props to everyone that finished any of the races in what was harsh conditions. In hindsight I should have stayed overnight last night after getting in at 1am.

Loved the beer afterwards.....the turkey burgers were pretty damn good too.

Great race, def. recommended for those that want to puke during their races!
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [iainbanks1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet another first-timer to the sufferfest created by the RD. Did the LC and, for weeks before the race, I kept asking myself what the hell I was thinking about as I realized my training was woefully inadequate (good thing I didn't know just how inadequate or I might've stayed home). Sometime during the second loop of my run as I walked up another obscene hill and held onto a tree to avoid slipping down due to the mud, and with no sign of any other athletes around, I realized THIS is why I do this. Not for another silly finsher's medal (though I do appreciate the hat and will wear that with pride). Not for a PR. Just for the challenge.

Props to the RD and his great staff of volunteers out in the crappy weather with us. Thanks for the beer, the grub and a mind warped enough to come up with an event like this. Toughest race I have done so far, even without the mud-factor that raised it up a notch (having the mud suck the heels out of your shoes on lap 3 of the run leaves one in the dangerous position of needing to bend down to get them back in).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HATE HATE HATE that I wasn't there yesterday. The sidelines are clearly reserved for slug-like people that are content sitting inside all day watching it rain.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [JohnnyKay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stupidly did not walk the tricky downhill near the end and twisted my ankle, went face first off the side of the trail and managed to not go head first into a large tree only by hitting two smalller trees with my arms. Lots of contusions on the arms, ankle swelled up like a melon by the time I got home. Fortunately, x-rays are negative. But the 3rd place age group award (albeit in the Canadian Women's Race) - priceless.

(I've also got to give some props for the Canadian Women's Race) - it may be shorter, but it is raced at a much higher intensity. No walking on the uphills in the short course race and the bike is all out because you don't have to save anything for another loop. I feel like I did at least a half-ironman yesterday (and played a football game due to the contusions and ankle sprain).
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
HATE HATE HATE that I wasn't there yesterday. The sidelines are clearly reserved for slug-like people that are content sitting inside all day watching it rain.

what is the story? had expected to see you there?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Short course record stands another year....you should offer $$$ to someone to break it.

Follow me at http://www.justinjharris.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my butt kicked this year, but learned alot! I've never know suffering like that before! I truely thought my heart was going to stop beating on the second bike and third run. Great race and a huge thanks to all the volunteers and the Catskill crew!!!! Next year...... there will be training........
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [Mendy Taylor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome awesome race... I owe it all to the excellent bike fitting from CM2!

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [jutnut627] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I offer money for the shwer course record youll just keep breaking it by 1 second each year. congrats on your pro debut yesterday!

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wtf is wrong me? I suffered through the ITT, read all these posts and sit here at my desk pondering which race I'll do next year.

Good god.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just want to say thanks for putting on another great race. This was my 3rd LC and easily the most epic.

Your volunteers are second to none. I'm sure those teenagers could have thought of a lot of other things they'd rather do, but they kept up handing out fuel and smiles the whole day.

And I did laugh...on the 1st lap of the run out of T2, near the end, coming down that single track towards the field in that ankle deep slime, what else could one do.

Thanks. Can't wait till next year.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS, please let us know when results are posted.
Thanks,
Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [d-elvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks about the bike fitting. I'm out on the run course now cleaning up So I guess this is officially alive dance off update. Cool droid microphone typo. It's raining and lonely up here but I just remembered that I have the kegs in the back of my truck with a little beer left. Its 5 o'clock somewhere! Life is good.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bell Head wrote:
Just want to say thanks for putting on another great race. This was my 3rd LC and easily the most epic.

Your volunteers are second to none. I'm sure those teenagers could have thought of a lot of other things they'd rather do, but they kept up handing out fuel and smiles the whole day.

And I did laugh...on the 1st lap of the run out of T2, near the end, coming down that single track towards the field in that ankle deep slime, what else could one do.

Thanks. Can't wait till next year.

The ones that were sitting in the trunk of the car caused me to almost fall over laughing. I'd say they had a harder/longer day than the racers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When are results going up, I'm really interested to see everyones times.
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The timer told me I would have them today.

R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris G wrote:
burnman wrote:

what is the story? had expected to see you there?

Looks like you had a boatload of fun. Should've brought an ark.

I alerted JM that I'd be a DNS late last week. I've got some equilibrium and E/N/T issues that started before Boston. It gets sketchy when I'm pushing hard on the bike, and I figured I'd be more of a hazard than a threat out on the course. Based on Saturday's workout, it was the right call. You heading up north for Edot week?

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Official american zofingen live updates [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less than an hour behind ML - and my hands hurt from riding the breaks down the hills (I didn't want to be in your shoes).
Quote Reply
Re: OFFICIAL AMERICAN ZOFINGEN LIVE FEED [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that bites, hope you figure it out. Edot is permanently on my calendar. Hoping for nice weather for the climb this year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Chris said. You were missed.

Hopefully you get it sorted out soon - you want to avoid being on the dreaded tapered list for Whiteface and E.dot.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next