Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nutri|Sense, Supersapiens users- what did you learn and change
Quote | Reply
For those of you who have worn the sensor, what have you learned and more specifically what did you change about your diet and/or food choices as a result? What caused your biggest fluctuations and did you alter your eating habits and were you able to see the results immediately or gradually overtime?

For example, I used Dunkin Donuts Extra Extra creamer in my morning coffee which caused a giant jump and switched to Milkadamia without the sugar and immediately saw the level stabilize. I also switched from using Utragen which has 60g of sugar to Momentous Absolute Zero, which has 2g of Sugar and no longer saw the spike. What have you changed or learned?
Quote Reply
Re: Nutri|Sense, Supersapiens users- what did you learn and change [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:
For those of you who have worn the sensor, what have you learned and more specifically what did you change about your diet and/or food choices as a result? What caused your biggest fluctuations and did you alter your eating habits and were you able to see the results immediately or gradually overtime?

For example, I used Dunkin Donuts Extra Extra creamer in my morning coffee which caused a giant jump and switched to Milkadamia without the sugar and immediately saw the level stabilize. I also switched from using Utragen which has 60g of sugar to Momentous Absolute Zero, which has 2g of Sugar and no longer saw the spike. What have you changed or learned?

Not without a script for US based consumers, so only folks with a "hookup" as an influencer or otherwise will have them in the US. Or folks who setup a shipping forward service to get them to the US.

I'd be interested in folk's response to this also. A T1 at work heard about these and had the comment "likely a boring chart to see for someone healthy". Implying your response shouldn't be too dramatic at all if your body works as it should.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutri|Sense, Supersapiens users- what did you learn and change [tri3ba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a 'Abbot Libre 2' (i think it's same sensor as supersapiens, different software, and a lot cheaper in my part of the world)

Results, i'm not diabetic... and matter what i do, glucose level go down pretty quick after eating and remain very stable... for training, if i wait for that thing to tell me to eat, it will be way too late.

Thus, other that confirming that i'm not diabetic, for me it's pure wait of time and money...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:
I also switched from using Utragen which has 60g of sugar to Momentous Absolute Zero, which has 2g of Sugar and no longer saw the spike. What have you changed or learned?

For what it's worth, this is purposeful response for Ultragen; the blood sugar spikes -> Increased Insulin -> pulls nutrients / protein into the cell.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Last edited by: xtrpickels: Oct 28, 21 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: Nutri|Sense, Supersapiens users- what did you learn and change [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutri/Sense is available without a prescription in the US and is the same as the Supersapiens monitor. They actually have a dietician that will monitor it and send you updates as you enter your meal information. But again, if you are healthy its fairly boring to monitor other than seeing some spikes and recognizing and confirming certain food choices aren't healthy. Just curious after seeing everyone wearing them if they actually altered their diet or changed their eating habits as a result or if was just the latest "gadget" to try out and discard after seeing no benefit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know what kind of insight you derive from a "boring" chart...

IMO, If you are serious about your nutrition, spend the money a nutritionist and skip the sensor...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Supersapiens have been throwing these at Ironman entrants in the UK this year. I've only raced a couple of 70.3's & yet seem to have acquired a stash of about 10 SS sensors for nothing.

I tried wearing a couple for both low & high intensity and volume training weeks, but as people have said above, the main thing I learned was that I'm not diabetic.

My wife is a GP and she was equally unimpressed. We've still got 6 or 7 unused sensors in a drawer which I doubt we'll bother trying...
Quote Reply
Re: Nutri|Sense, Supersapiens users- what did you learn and change [aka_finto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My coach used them for me for about a month to just collect data and see what he could glean from it.

1. Glucose dropped fairly quickly after eating
2. It stabilized and was fairly predictable thereafter which was useful because based on efforts, output, etc. we could use that to determine a bit better what to eat (we had already pretty much figured that out though, so this just affirmed it)
3. It was not useful to monitor as an athlete in training or racing because by the time I could/would respond it wouldn't matter
4. Not diabetic

I was part of a group of athletes whom were used as data collectors for this and I'd say at this point its just not terribly useful, though it does have some use. If it were my money, I wouldn't have spent it but it was fun to see more data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:

So essentially, you learned that stuff with sugar have... sugar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri3ba wrote:
But again, if you are healthy its fairly boring to monitor other than seeing some spikes and recognizing and confirming certain food choices aren't healthy.

If you are judging healthy by how quickly it raises your glucose, just wrap whatever you want in bacon.

The fat will slow down the spike, therefore making your food healthy :-)
Quote Reply