Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Numb Unit
Quote | Reply
This weekend I rode on a 60 mile bike ride... I ride about 100 miles a week & never have had a problem… Two days ago I tried to ride in an aero position & riding on the drop out bars (of my road bike) & my tip is still numb. My boys are fine…
Has anyone had a numb tip this before? Does it just go away after time?
I thought I would give myself 4 days to get back to normal before going to the Dr.
Quote Reply
Re: Numb Unit [TriJunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch dude, never had a numb tip before.
Probably wouldn't hurt to swing by a Dr., even if you woke up fine tomorrow...
Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If its been numb for days go see a Dr man. Generally if I go numb after i stop riding i can feel the blood flow back in. I am working on getting my saddle dialed in still.

what saddle are you riding?
Are you riding in an "ST approved" position with a lot of drop if so, it might be to low.

You can tri the adamo, its worked for a lot of people but make sure you watch the video on their site on how to set it up. setting it up incorrectly and riding long doesn't lead to good things. now that i have seen the video, i am going to give it another go.

anyways get to the Dr, cycling isn't that important.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there. Changed my saddle from a Fizik Arione to a Profile Designs Tristryke, that helped for a bit but the new saddle then produced some nasty saddle sores and with training for IMC last year I didn't get much reprieve. The problem got worse after a couple more weeks. Tried a few different pairs of shorts because I thought it was maybe just rubbing, that wasn't it. Went back to the Fizik and dropped the nose down about a CM, that worked. Turns out the cause was pressure on the perineum and the nerves under there, info here: http://www.medicinenet.com/...asp?articlekey=84072 It's a very common thing and it's more pronounced if spending a lot of time in aero bars. By dropping the nose of my saddle that moved the pressure back a bit and now Big Jim and the Twins are doing just fine. ;) Don't hope that it goes away because it won't and it can actually lead to impotency, do something about it now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about this for you, but I had the same problem. I've used the ISM adamo for my tri bike and like it. The Specialized saddles have been good on my normal raod bike, as well as the Selle SMP Pro, which is $$$. I have many bikes and saddles, and using these three saddles I don't have any more of the "sleepy winky."
Quote Reply
Re: Numb Unit [Toothless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to change to the beaver breather and trade feeling in my junk for saddle sores. On a rode bike im not sure. with that angle I havent herd many people with this problem.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think I'm ready for an Ironman, I mean I've read 3 diffrent books and it doesn't look all that hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Numb Unit [Toothless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although this is 6 months later wanted to update this thread, so others can see this.

My Chiropractor provided me with an adjustment 10 days after my race that eliminated my numbness.... & should have gone sooner.

There is good information on Specialized & ended up getting an ISM ADAMO Seat. They look funky, but are very comfortable & would recommend them to anyone.
Quote Reply