Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Now I worry! But I will survive.
Quote | Reply
I'm starting to realize what I have talked myself in to! On saturday it is time for the longest day of my life. In spring it was a good idea: let's arrange our own club competition on the Iron distance and call it the IronDuck. Little support, no stopping of traffic and no cut off. Just a couple of friends taking our time and a drinking station every 30 km on the bike and every 4 ,2 km on the run.

It was a good idea. Then. And now. We are 12-15 friends doing this and that's good. Familly and friends will gather and drink beer and having a BBQ and see us suffer. Good for them, but this one is going to hurt. Bad. I'm not prepeared for this. At all.

But I'm going to do it. My goal is 16 h, and I know many of you will say that finishing an Iron Distance in 17-20 hours is not really triathlon. But if that is what it takes, I will take my time. I will have that finisher cycle jersey. Heck, I have designed it my self.

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Last edited by: tribent: Sep 1, 04 4:26
Quote Reply
Re: Now I worry! But I will survive. [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that sounds awesome.... nothing wrong with completing the IM in 16-20 hours. don't forget... john collins didn't break 17 hours in his first year.

you decided to do this for fun.... so, go out there and have fun! get that finishers jersey!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey that's awesome...myself and a few friends here at doing a similar thing but we are doing the Half Ironman distance. A few of them wanted to plan a long trainng day in their preparation for IM FL so we came up with this idea and now have about 10 people interested in doing it and it should be a blast!! The only problem for us is that we have it planned for Sept 25th and by that time the lake will be pretty chilly!
Quote Reply
Re: Now I worry! But I will survive. [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's cold here allready, water temp probably 16 centigrades on saturday morning.

Last year I had a DNF in a marathon, because, well because after 33 km I just did not want to go on. That one is still in my mind, I just hope I have the mental strength this time because during a race I allways get this idea of quitting. Well, this is sort of like telling everybody that you are gonna quit smoking, makes it more likely that you succeed.

So if I never show up here again, you know how it turned out.

"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a message Bent:

if in 25 years, your race has become very very popular and people need to qualify to race it, remember what were the initial entry fees

:-)

(anything vaguely similar to actual events is NOT a coincidence ...ehehe)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fear not my son! On your quest you will have the love of Tibbs in your heart and the Song of Slowtwitchia in soul. Go in beauty and enjoy your friends.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Now I worry! But I will survive. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How many started in the first race In Hawaii?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do it to have fun it won't matter if or when you quit. No one is judging you.

On the other hand, if you do quit, we don't want to see your ugly face around here again WUSS! :) j/k

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Now I worry! But I will survive. [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll judge myself harder than any other can and should. But you right, it does not really matter, on the other hand it matters much more than I care to admitt. Or something like that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
18 signed up, 15 started, 12 finished.

Gordon Haller won in 11:46:58.
In 8th place, was STer Frank Day.
Race founder John Collins was in 9th place and took 17 hours.
Last place took 22 hours to finish.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Now I worry! But I will survive. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, we were 15, are now down to 13, but I'll be suprised if I see more than 10 friends on saturday morning. So we are smaller than IronMan from day one:-) But we will have the race progress published here: http://www.oslofjordtri.com/...le179855-10284a.html

Quote Reply