Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not sure which one?
Quote | Reply
I will be looking at getting a new TT bike towards the middle of the year and I am stuck between Cervelo P3, Cervelo P4, Trek Speed Concept 9 series or the Scott Premium Plasma. Also contemplating Di2.

Do all of these internal route Di2?

This is going to be the bike I keep for a very long time so I want to get the right one. I have the roadie that I love and will not get rid of. Colnago CX-1.

I already have the wheels in a Disc 900 and 404 Front.

What are peoples thoughts?

thommo404
Quote Reply
Re: Not sure which one? [thommo404] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Cervelo's do not route Di2 internally without drilling. Not sure about the Trek or Scott.

If you ride <28mph avg take a look at the bike that performs better at lower yaw angles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This post is crying out for the search function, and I'm not trying to be facetious. Search any of those bike names and you will find plenty of opinions. In fact, you will find entires posts devoted to each bike, I'm sure.
Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Not sure which one? [cdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cdw wrote:
This post is crying out for the search function, and I'm not trying to be facetious. Search any of those bike names and you will find plenty of opinions. In fact, you will find entires posts devoted to each bike, I'm sure.
Chad

True but to be fair there is so much out in some posts that reading it to find the relevant info is overwhelming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thommo404 wrote:
I will be looking at getting a new TT bike towards the middle of the year and I am stuck between Cervelo P3, Cervelo P4, Trek Speed Concept 9 series or the Scott Premium Plasma. Also contemplating Di2.

Do all of these internal route Di2?

This is going to be the bike I keep for a very long time so I want to get the right one. I have the roadie that I love and will not get rid of. Colnago CX-1.

I already have the wheels in a Disc 900 and 404 Front.

What are peoples thoughts?

thommo404

Trek's position seems to be that the SC is di2 compatible. Some info on front end routing here
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/..._string=di2;#3215981

The only issue I am aware of is that the cable cover behind the stem might need modification (or not if Trek has released a new part, maybe post for Carl about this). Some people don't like the battery location under BB, but it is at least a thought through and integrated solution with OEM parts.

Scott's "official" position on di2 on the plasma premium is that it requires external cable routing - that is what they told my LBS and I believe from an early post what they told Tom Demerly. That said, I am struggling to see why di2 can't be internally routed exiting at the head tube to connect to the "control box". You need to find a builder with some experience and willingness to cut and splice cables if needed (may not be necessary). It won't be as tidy as an SC. You probably need to seattube mount the battery - I am not sure if the front derailleur exit port needs modification for this to work.

The plasma TT on the other hand is di2 only but not for US sale I gather.
Quote Reply