Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Oceanside thread?
Quote | Reply
Kanute wins a tight battle against someone I‘ve never heard of.

Ryf wins but not totally dominant, Lawrence and others run faster...
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markko wrote:
Kanute wins a tight battle against someone I‘ve never heard of.

Ryf wins but not totally dominant, Lawrence and others run faster...

Rudy von berg, should have heard on him, won EU 70.3 champs last year, and plenty other good results.
Ryf is just super dominant, why would she push further/dig deeper in the opening of the season?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ryf is just warming up for Texas where she is clearly trying to break the women's record

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Ryf is just warming up for Texas where she is clearly trying to break the women's record
She’s basically unbeatable isn’t she?

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, some of the male Pros beat her (pink). In the woman's field? Short of any jelly fish assassin's, yes, I would think she is unbeatable.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's how it went, from the slowtwitch perspective.

von berg is no nobody. if you look at his 2018 results i think you could see that. ryf won by a mile (literally) but it was a moral victory for holly lawrence to excise the 2018 oceanside demon.

appleton crashed out. don't know how. hope nothing serious.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aside from amazing performances...... only 10 pro women but 20 pro men.... why so?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the van Berg, the way it was written in the tracker got me. Definitely heard of him
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
aside from amazing performances...... only 10 pro women but 20 pro men.... why so?

what i was was this: 40 men signed up; about 30 women signed up. what ironman had in its coverage were 28 men out of the water. i don't know if that's the total who swam, or whether there was some arbitrary cut off for the coverage's sake.

likewise, 15 women out of the water, per the coverage. but i don't know if there were more and they just cut it at 15. but there were definitely more than 10, and these are all pros i'm talking about.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone can be beat in triathlon, all it takes is a bad day. Daniela tends to be able to minimize bad days, but nobody is unbeatable. I think her race selection of Texas and Austria are signs that she's attempting to break Wellington's record that was established at Roth. In regards to her pursuit, why not? Ryf is just entering her prime, which is somewhat scary to think about.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well of course everyone is beatable on any given day. But if Ryf is in the start list right now and you bet against her....you’re kind an idiot...or you don’t like winning. ;-)
Last edited by: TriBriGuy: Apr 6, 19 13:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Everyone can be beat in triathlon, all it takes is a bad day. Daniela tends to be able to minimize bad days, but nobody is unbeatable. I think her race selection of Texas and Austria are signs that she's attempting to break Wellington's record that was established at Roth. In regards to her pursuit, why not? Ryf is just entering her prime, which is somewhat scary to think about.

arent texas (bike) and austria (run) short ?
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some goofs on here tried to tell me the women’s race would be more competitive than the men’s race. Yeah right...lol.

Btw I predicted both Ryf and Kanute.
TriBriGuy wrote:
Well of course everyone is beatable on any given day. But if Ryf is in the start list right now and you bet against her....you’re kind an idiot...or you don’t like winning. ;-)
Last edited by: mwanner13: Apr 6, 19 14:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ed Baker!!!! 🔥
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
here's how it went, from the slowtwitch perspective.

von berg is no nobody. if you look at his 2018 results i think you could see that. ryf won by a mile (literally) but it was a moral victory for holly lawrence to excise the 2018 oceanside demon.

Appleton broke clavicle. Per IG
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A good number opted out of the race for various reasons. Many more on the women’s side.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
A good number opted out of the race for various reasons. Many more on the women’s side.

Probably saw ryf on start list heh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

IG says wet pavement
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lookout for Von Berg at Nice 70.3 Worlds. Expect him to have a fantastic race there. Has the talent for a top 5.
Quote Reply
Re: No Oceanside thread? [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to mention the man behind the machine Kanute.... Jim Vance and his "Today's plan" getting more legit points for its resume.

saw Jim at carlsbad 5000 today, the IAAF world record was tied today with 13:29. I wonder if any pro's though of doing it the day after oceanside, I see some AG guys on the course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looked like those two had a great duel out there, and Rudy showed once again that you can lose the race in the swim.. HE needs to make that minute up if he wants to hang when the big boys come out to play..
Quote Reply