Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No Ironman emails ever!
Quote | Reply
Is anyone out there like me? I never receive any IM emails of any sort. Same with AWA. No race announcements, updates, sign ups, AWA priority signing... Nothing.
I have contacted support a million times, apparently there is no problem. Once someone said that my name was placed on a "no contact list" and that I was put back on the mailing list...
Anyone has had that issue? How do I fix it?
I know, I know... I never would have believed that I want to be on a mailing list so bad to end up spending an arm and a leg on a triathlon that might or might not happen!
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [alexie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might just be you. I get more than I care for.
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least you know if there is a change in a race that you are signed up for! ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you checked your deleted and spam folders? I’m getting way too many emails from them so I know they are sending out a ton.
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, too, am getting more than I want - except informational emails.

I haven't checked in a while, but I think there are settings in your profile somewhere to select what types of emails you want.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue. I’ll get some spam about sales at their store, but nothing on awa, race announcements, etc. that might be of interest. Never once received a priority reg email, for example.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least I am not the only one!
I haven't been able to get it fixed, and believe me, I tried. I contacted them a million times. No idea what to do.
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Might just be you. I get more than I care for.

Me too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right there with you, except I get my AWA emails.
I do 2-3 IM events per year; not one email once they get my cash. Tried to email them numerous times and never a response that resolves it.
They just don't care. Their database (speaking from personal knowledge) hasn't been purged in ten (10) years and they are working on a skelton crew becuase they laid off tons of people when they got aquired.
I guess cash is king and they will see you at the start line....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand the frustration about lack of response regarding Covid issues (transfers,etc,etc) but holy cow my Facebook feed is full of updates and conversations from race directors and regional bosses every day.I think the power of numbers on social media gets more results than the one-on-one of emails and every time I want to connect with a RD or find info Facebook is my go to place.
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly my situation. never got a straight answer. Sometimes I wonder why we are so loyal to IM. They are like the bad boyfriend that never gets dumped...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same issue here....no awa or tri-club emails. When I have emailed the race directors though, they have sent me the priority links.
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. I'll email the RD for early reg, if there is a race that seems like, maybe, it might potentially happen if we are lucky.... Damn 2020, you ve been rough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t get race entry information request return emails . Have sent numerous emails never a response. Due to CV19...... ya ya ya
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [Kimbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue. After opening a ticket 3 times, it has now been fixed. I was answered each time in a timely manner and I believe they tried to fix it but it just takes a few times. I believe it's a glitch in the system.

As always, defaulting to "they don't care", "they just want my money" is an option. Not a productive option but it's an option
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t see much correspondence, but got an AWA email today about priority registration for IM Mallorca.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: No Ironman emails ever! [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never under estimate the power of Slow Twitch!
Got a very nice Reply from IM support, and the spam has started flowing! Even got an AWA priority race reg. YEAH ME (well technically I did nothing but hey...)
Thank for the feedback guys, really appreciated.
Quote Reply